Has anyone ever traded a DMP before.

mrsuds

Lady at the licensing desk made a mistake on my second pick. I said 4G and she put me down for 4T. I'm not going to hunt there. Has anyone ever traded their DMP?? Any hassle, things I should be careful about??

Thanks

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/30409.html

Unit 4G doesn't give out doe tags for a second choice, so you wouldn't have gotten one anyway. 

Oh OK.  The way I understood it, was that one couldn't get a second choice permit at all in that unit.  I guess if one picks another unit as the first choice, they are still in the game for the second choice.  I think the DEC could be a bit clearer on this in their literature.

his first choice may not have been 4g...so he could have gotten one....We've done that in the past...8x has not given out seconds and we went with 8N first then asked for 8X and gotten one....now we usually ask for 8x first...just to hedge are bets sorta speak...

Stopping to think about what you said some more, I actually think the way the have this set up now might actually be a bit unfair.  Lets say someone gets denied in 4G, their first and only choice since they may not have any other place to hunt.  Now you have the next dude in line get selected for their first choice, 4P for example and then he chooses 4G for his second choice and get selected there also.  The first guy gets JACK, while the second guy has two DMP's in his pocket, not exactly fair in my opinion.  If one gets selected for their first choice, they should NOT get selected for their second choice if that unit has NONE listed for their second choice.  That would be more fair in my opinion.

Yeah, it is a lottery, but if someone already got selected for his first choice, it is unfair that he get more of the pie, before anyone else even gets a crumb.  Since everything is computerized, it would be quite easy for the DEC to fix this and make things fair for all since everyone is paying for the opportunity to be selected and don't get their money back if they are denied.

4R was my first choice and 4G was the second. I never even looked at the list. I should have. Funny thing is that you needed PP points in 4T which I didn't think I had. Not looking to cheat anybody out of anything. I've gone years without a doe tag. I don't know, maybe I'll keep the one I have. I pass the bottom of 4T on my way home.

Anyone have suggestions for a good spot in 4T. I've scouted the land around 4R and it looks lacking by my house.