brand of stand?

newbee

well I was wondering and thought id ask, what would be a good entry level stand? ease of use, cost and weight..

I was looking at gorilla they seem reasonable and manageable as far as weight.. I figure sticks and a fixed stand , and possibly a small blind .. any one use em, or have any better ideas?? the hunting fairy that dropped off the new bow re allocated hunting funds from different pools so the price of kit was lowered once the rig $ went up :P

thanks in advance

Some of those new Gorilla stands do look super comfy, though I personally use a climber called Alpha made by Lone Wolf. It is nice and quiet and super easy to use. Not the lightest, but much less cumbersome than the Viper I had prior. Never had much luck with blinds in my neck. Just my opinion.

The only stand I have ever bought specifically by brand, is my climber, which is a Summit Viper SS. My ladder stands are all "Comfort Zone" stands from Dick's and my hang ons are Gorilla and Field and Stream, which is also from Dicks. The Gorilla stand is new, so I havent tried it yet, bt the rest are pretty good.

I have a remington ....rivers edge and gorilla....all sturdy ...but prefer the ones with flip up gun rail...gives you more options as far as bow and gun...good rest for gun or a way to add a blind type cover for both...or just flip it out of the way for sit down bow shots...I tend to stand

My brother and I Use the Summit Hawk stands both for hunting and filming and i would highly recommend that stand. Its very easy to setup and takes about 2 min. You basically attach the talon to the tree and then the stand hooks onto that it couldnt be eaiser.  For climbing sticks we use the muddy sticks.  They also go up quick and easy with virtually no noise b/c of the rope style mounting system to the tree.

John

I researched a lot when buying my stand and I couldn't find a better stand then the summit brands. They are the lightest and best built in my opinion. I want to make sure I got the best when I'm 25 ft off the ground.

I've been very happy with my Summit Broadhead. It is collapsible and has an open front but if I were to buy one today I would get one that has a bar across the font (to hold you in if you doze off - even though the safety harness is there) and I wouldn't bother with the collapsing feature. I find that I leave it open anyway and secure my backpack in it.

I have pretty much been using ladder stands exclusively the last few years. I did use a few fixed stand as well. I look for features rather than the name when looking at those two types. I like to be there all day so padding...padding and more padding. I like the hammock seats rather than the mesh with a cushion. I like flip up rails. On ladder stands I like a full platform. I don't take them out every time I use them so if transporting every day is a concern I really suggest a cllimber.

Let your hunting style dictate what kind of stand you buy. I will add- think about the kind of trees you hunt because climbers never were worth owning for me. As for LW- they seem to be an expensive name until you read about them and try one....then it is a no brainer.