Tree Stand Up

I cant remember exactly where I came across the website for the Tree Stand Up, but I thought it looked like a pretty good product that would come in very handy, as I usually dont have help setting up my stands. Last week, I placed my order and I received the package last night. My first impression was that they need to use better packaging for shipment. Mine came in a USPS envelope, which was crumpled and had a bunch of holes from where the product punched through. They really should use a box instead or even a padded, thick envelope would work. Upon opening the package, all pieces were separate and individually wrapped, which kept them from getting scratched up. All of the pieces are very nice, with great welds and a nice powder coat finish, which should keep them rust free as long as I clean them after using them. I put them together in just a minute or two and am happy with them in the quality department. The only thing I will be doing is to put a little loc-tite on the bolts to keep them tight. I will be trying them out with a single ladder stand tonight, and then again this weekend with my 2 man stand, so my review will continue later.

Heres the link to the website

http://www.treestandup.com/index.php

Here are a few pics of the product.

DSC_6783.jpg

DSC_6784.jpg

DSC_6785.jpg

The criss-cross rope method works well when putting up a ladder solo. Never thought there'd be an easy way to set ladders by yourself (I'm not the best at this) but wow, crossing the ropes on the back side of the ladder work well. Walk it up, cross the ropes, tie it off and that thing is stable to climb and ratchet, etc.

This product looks nice but I worry about being able to get it in the ground in some spots due to roots, rocks, etc. especially here in limestone country where there are more deposits than soil.

The criss-cross rope method works well when putting up a ladder solo. Never thought there'd be an easy way to set ladders by yourself (I'm not the best at this) but wow, crossing the ropes on the back side of the ladder work well. Walk it up, cross the ropes, tie it off and that thing is stable to climb and ratchet, etc.

This product looks nice but I worry about being able to get it in the ground in some spots due to roots, rocks, etc. especially here in limestone country where there are more deposits than soil.

those cris cross straps dont help you stand the ladder stand up by yourself. Singles are usually not too bad to do yourself, but the big 2 man stands are another story all together.

Also, remember, you dont have to place these right where you want the bottom of the stand, just within a foot or so. Should be enough leeway to get around rocks or roots. If not, then youll need to do it another way. For most places though, these would work fine.

Perhaps it's because i work with ladders that weigh much more then our hunting ladder stands, but i don't have any issue putting them up.

Here's my method. I carry them in fully assembled on my shoulder, a pad works well on shoulder. When I reach a spot  with some room I jam one of the beams into the ground and walk it up on that beam. Once its straight up,bend knees and grab a low rung with my right hand,straighten up lean beam against shoulder. Now just like with any ladder walk over to your tree and lean it into place.

Its all mostly a balance issue ,not a man handling  one .

• 1 month later...

So I almost forgot to write up on it after Ive used it a time or two. This product works pretty darn good. Ive put up a couple of single ladder stands with it, and it made it really easy. The biggest issue is the roots of the tree, but you only need to get maybe 3 inches into the soil for them to work just fine. One tip is to make sure the notched out sides are both facing the same way. They are small enough to throw right in my backpack when Im heading out to put up a stand. I feel that they were well worth the $30.