Bow hunting Anterless Tag

Slugger09

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I received my life time license in the mail last week and I was missing the bow hunting antlerless deer tag. I e-mailed the DEC and they answered back with, there was an issue in the fulfillment house and they will be sending one out soon. Just a heads up to check your tags and make sure nothing is missing.

OK ..... Lifetime Sportsman license ..... (actually they call it a "Lifetime Sportsman + fish)

Here's what it all consists of:

1 - back tag

1 - bear carcass tag

1 - turkey carcass tag (Spring)

1 - turkey carcass tag (Spring)

1 - deer carcass tag

1 - Fall turkey carcass tag

1 - Fall turkey carcass tag

1 - general license

1 - reporting panel

1 - reporting panel overflow

The last tag is sort of a bill-of-lading that lists what all is attached.

Don't ask me what those last two "reporting panels" are used for. So far I haven't read any further to figure it out.

Any antlerless permits or archery licenses or muzzle loader licenses are NOTpart of the lifetime sportsman license and have to be obtained and paid for separately. The fee for $10 permit application fee is waived for a Lifetime Sportsman License purchased prior to October 1, 2009. The archery or muzzleloader license is a completely separate issue and requires separate licenses and payment.

For those that are dealing with the contents of a Lifetime Bow License, I can't help you out with that. I don't have one.

The lifetime bow should include an either sex tag and an antlerless tag. A friend of mine purchased a super sportsman license which included the antlerless bow tag. That's how I realized the tag was missing from mine.

The reason you get the either sex and doe tags with a super sportsman is because you are buying a bow license and a muzzleloader license. Sportsman does not give you either and a bow license only gives you 1 additional tag, which is the either sex.