Rage 2 Blade

eagle rider

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I wonder is why do you guys that are having problems with these broadheads continue to use them? Redesigning them to work just does not seem right and I sure wouldnt use them.

Exactly!! I bought some these damn things and they would always pop open when they were not supposed to. I sold them as fast as I could. I got some Epik EC-3's and I like them better than the Rage but I am sticking with fixed blades from now on.

There is no cam on either of the rage broadheads i talked with rage today and only certain encon officers say there illegal I talked with Raybrook New York up here in the adirondacks wildlife department and they said they are not illegal as they only fail to all fold back forward some of the time its a mechanical failure they said that could happen with any mechanical. though rage said they had heard that new york had said the 3 blades were illegal but im not sure that was from a legal source. but apparently our encon officers up here would not ticket us. but it is certainly a shame that all of them cannot song off the same page. i reccommended to the wildlife division that the next encon officer meeting they have some on hand and the upper level echelon carve something in stone for us.Im not bickering with anyone here just trying to get our officials to be all on the same page.and im still waiting to hear from sportsman ed. and albany. Thank You all for Your input..

Edited by vietvet50

when i hear it from albany i will be a happy camper eddie, as i stated the regions are not agreeing they have to all agree across the state the state is one, and they all have to be doing the same thing they cannot be doing different things in different regions is what im saying thats the way it has to be its not right for them to be doing different things in one region than another.

Edited by vietvet50

See this off their website. Their entire technology is based upon a slip cam suystem.

SlipCam™

Upon impact, the SlipCam™ initiates and the blades slide back and deploy from the rear. By the time the blades impact, they are fully deployed.

Once the "shoulders" of the blades catch, they slip down shaft. Each blade cams out, deploying from the rear while the cut-on-impact tip penetrates the hide. Before the blades reach the hide, they are fully deployed, even hyper extended… giving you a maximum cutting diameter.

3 Advantages! The revolutionary SlipCam™ Rear Blade Deployment System gives you...

1. Guaranteed fully deployed Blades

High-speed footage of over-the-top heads show the blades do not fully open until after they enter. RAGE's rear-deploying blades are guaranteed to be fully deployed before they enter which means you'll get the benefit of the heads full cutting diameter!

2. No loss of kinetic energy

Because RAGE's blades are fully deployed on impact they penetrate like a fixed-blade head. Over-the-top expandables lose kinetic energy due to deployment during entry and deflection.

3. Eliminate deflection

An angled hit with an over-the-top expandable can result in the leading blade grabbing first and throwing the head off line… RAGE's rear deploying blades follow the cut-on-impact tip and will not grab or deflect and give you full cutting diameter on impact!

SlipCam_3Blade_TIP.jpg

eagle rider does it say they lock back i didnt see it there. design is the same mechanically as the two blade whether or not its called a slip cam is irrelevant they are not supposed to lock back you guys are trying to make a arguement out of this and all i want to do is get from the state a ruling out of albany and not a lot of hearsay and opinions i dont want the last word i could care less i just want the state to say something that applies across the state and not different from region to region for everyones benefit.

Edited by vietvet50

The Rage 3s are not supposed to lock into place. The problem is that they are more susceptible to malfunctioning and basically jamming open, not allowing the blades to fold forward. That is why some ECOs are saying they are illegal.

Your best bet is to email the ENCON officers in your area and ask them. If they say its fine, print the emails and keep them handy.

WNYBuckHunter, that is exactly correct. Our local E-Con's tested them out. The blades sort of lock down against each other due to the camming action of the rear deployment. This creates a babed effect. This can't happen with the two balde model becausethe back of the blades are always in the same line, they never intersect.

Exactly!! I bought some these damn things and they would always pop open when they were not supposed to. I sold them as fast as I could. I got some Epik EC-3's and I like them better than the Rage but I am sticking with fixed blades from now on.

what are these broadheads. did a google search and did not bring up broadhead. can you post a link of these.

this is very funny I was simply trying to solve a problem and it seems we have a bunch of hard headed peopole stuck in there ways that dont want the state to agree across the board but would rather have a lopsided encon division. I myself have always believed in fairness but its seems old fast eddie is angry now and cant get it through his head im trying to solve something and im not argueing, and eddie my encon officers said there ok. You guys keep your downstate ways I like it up here in the adirondacks as we have less dimwitts.. have a nice day ill give you all time to read this thin im leaving this forum as theres to many idiots with small brains. I gave my country 20 years of my life in the military to come here and listen to this crap. and fast eddie like you said bye......................