do you fletch

sweet old bill

How many fletch your own arrows ???

what size fletch do you use ???

feathers or plastic ????

I have both made up, I am using now the Bohning 2 inch broadhead fletch and also the special 2 inch feathers.. Both work well out of my WB rest or the 360 rest, both are full containment rest.

I haven't paid to have an arrow fletched in 45 years. That includes new arrows. I now use 4" vanes for hunting (R.H. helix). I used to use 5" profletch vanes years ago. I have that jig that does 6 arrows at a time. Sorry, but the name of it escapes me at the moment.

Doc

What's nice about fletching your own is that you can tweak your arrows . Kinda like doing you own relaoding .

Cut your own arrows , add weight , etc to chance you FOC . Fletch them to get the flight that you want out of them . It's fun to buy bare shafts and make you arrows from the ground up !  ;D

Been fletching my own since I started bowhunting in 1979. I've seen people using arrows that had the fletching all tore up and they didn't think it mattered! I'm too anal about my gear to let avoidable variables screw up my shooting. I can screw up just fine without any extra help!

Doc I have the same fletcher and it is a Jan Jan fletcher I also have a Bitzberger for single arrow fletching with a lw jig for LW feathers .

Yup!!!! That's the one. I knew it was a Jan....something. That thing has paid for itself a long time ago. I know a lot of people head for the pro-shop to have every wounded vane replaced. Or like Fitzy said they just keep shooting them that way. I don't have to do any of that. I just fix them myself.

Doc

Doc I have the same fletcher and it is a Jan Jan fletcher I also have a Bitzberger for single arrow fletching with a lw jig for LW feathers .

Yup!!!! That's the one. I knew it was a Jan....something. That thing has paid for itself a long time ago. I know a lot of people head for the pro-shop to have every wounded vane replaced. Or like Fitzy said they just keep shooting them that way. I don't have to do any of that. I just fix them myself.

Doc

IIRC it's called a Jo Jan.  Close, but no cigar ;D

I've been using a Bitzenburger for 20+ years I bought from a archery shop on 15A in Hemlock when he was going out of business.  My buddy and I went and bought a few hundred barred feathers, misc. other feathers and we snagged a bunch of the Bitzenburger jigs for a song!  Wish we would have bought all of them.

Yup.. Fletch my own. I like 3 x 5 inch Barred Shield Cut Feathers myself the best. I also have used 4 x 4 inch parabolic fletch. But I like 3-5 Shield cut best. Don't bother with glue anymore Fletch Tape is the best stuff since Bottled Beer!