Coyote hunting Livingston county

So many conflicting views on yote control.  Been reading some on it lately.  Some argue that if you kill the dominant male and/or female of a pack, it allows the younger submissives to breed that would not have otherwise bred (due to pack hierarchy) resulting in an increase in population.  I doubt you will remove too many (decimate the population) by hunting them if that is what you are worried about.   Hopefully you take out those that are causing issues minimally.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Hookhunter20
      I am new to the predator hunting world. I have always wanted to do it but haven't jumped for the set up until recently. I have purchased a .223, calls, light for night hunting and have done a ton of research, as well as watching coyote hunting videos from calling the country. In my opinion they seem to be very knowledgeable and as informational as videos come. I have a buddy who traps and has frozen his pelts to sell green (has yet to bring them to a buyer). I finally sprung into predator hunting to help out the deer, turkey, and rabbit population on my new farm in Schoharie county which is over run with coyote and bobcats as well as my hometown spots in Putnam county, but figure if I can make a few bucks and use the animal after harvest its a win win. I was wondering who sells green vs going through the stretching, drying, and tanning process themselves and why? Also if there is a annual fur buyer in the southern tier, I have been looking it up but haven't found any information on that as of yet.