Corona Virus Thread

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

So stimulus checks is not a conversation for the covid thread come on my man.

And basically you know it’s propaganda, it’s delaying paper checks from getting to Americans but it’s trump so you don’t care. Basically in your eyes he can do what ever he wants.

Oh and your response shows me you won’t argue that one because guess what got ya.

That's where we differ.  I don't argue.  I debate.  And I keep it as civil as possible.

I see it as a non-issue that has no ill effect on the country or the check recipients and not worth being concerned with.  But I do see the extreme reaction it causes in the heads of people who suffer from the Trump psychosis, which leads me to believe that's why he did it.  Those folks are so easily manipulated by Trump and he enjoys pushing their buttons.  I don't like when he does that, but I don't think he would get away with it if his opposition was more professional in their politics.

Assuming I think Trump can do whatever he wants is a sign you think you can read other's minds.  Try to restrain yourself when thinking that.  It will not serve you well.

Edited by Rattler

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/nyc-reports-thousands-of-additional-deaths-city-toll-tops-10k-despite-signs-of-hope/2374646/
is this better? It’s being reported by a lot of different news outlets. They are adding to the death toll with no knowledge of infection. 

It brings into question how you classify a death. I don’t know the answer, but say you have cancer and about to die. But then you get the flu and die. Is it considered a flu death or cancer death? Same with coronavirus. I wonder how many terminally ill people died from complications of whatever they have plus coronavirus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the problem becomes obvious when people die from an illness totally unrelated to the virus and had no symptoms, but postmortem testing shows they were positive, so they add it to the virus death toll.  That should not happen.

This is fake news.  This never happened. The guy who alleged this is a liberal.  And the guy who reposted this on the forum is a liberal.  Stop spreading your liberal fake news.  

“This is not the end of this”. Hahahahhaha.  Who even talks like that? 

I’m not a liberal or spreading fake news. This was covered by a few media outlets. He’s showed his violent streak many times.

• Like 2

Italian and Austrian.  Im an Italian citizen as well.  

So you have no knowledge of where your ancestors are from?  

When you’re saying fredo you know what you’re doing   I would be pissed if someone said that to me.  

Simmer down Fredo

Call Me The Teflon Don

• Haha 3

Since when is “Fredo” a racial slur against Italians??! It’s a reference to Fredo Corleone, the brother who can’t do anything right and get out of his successful brothers shadow. Let’s not grasp at straws. Also I would laugh my ass off if someone called me a “mick”. What year is this?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You're Irish? Tacks McAllister?

Call Me The Teflon Don

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

i was last on page 152. is anything in pages 152-156 not political? Generally interested and care about the members and their families and what you all are hearing. Not interested in rattler and chef.

thanks

My moms husband was tested Friday and came back positive, it is now Wednesday with no symptoms. Is the general rule if you get to 14 days you are out of the woods so to speak? Is there an avg amount of time from exposure to symptoms?

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

First, you need to prove they have ignored the man's complaint and provide info that can be searched.  names, badge numbers, station, etc.

Besides I never said they were corrupt.  I inferred they are negligent IF they did not do their job.

You said that they would ignore the complaint if they were getting favors.  Those are your words. Prove to me that they are getting favors for ignoring it.  It was reported that they didn't put much credence into the situation. I trust that the LEO are doing their jobs to the highest degree.  If you do not think they are then give me some proof.  Until then I trust the pd. 

9a064bbb26040600fd7c50b8507c6bcc.jpg
I’m so disgusted with the current situation. This state and the federal government have taken full advantage of a shitty situation to add government where it doesn’t belong.

I’m told to social distance and can’t go to a fucking boat launch and fish by myself but subways in the city are still packed? Gun stores are closed but liquor stores are essential?

This shit is sickening!

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Belo said:

i was last on page 152. is anything in pages 152-156 not political? Generally interested and care about the members and their families and what you all are hearing. Not interested in rattler and chef.

thanks

My moms husband was tested Friday and came back positive, so at a minimum this is day 6 with no symptoms. Typical incubation is 5 days so Im praying he escapes this thing. He wont last two days. They originally started him on the oxyhydrowhatever treatment but his heart cant handle it

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

I’m not a liberal or spreading fake news. This was covered by a few media outlets. He’s showed his violent streak many times.

Violent streak?  Dont be a snowflake.  If someone says something to you and you say something back whats the issue?   I apologize in advance for invading your safe space.  Please dont report me to the mods. 

8 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

9a064bbb26040600fd7c50b8507c6bcc.jpg
I’m so disgusted with the current situation. This state and the federal government have taken full advantage of a shitty situation to add government where it doesn’t belong.

I’m told to social distance and can’t go to a fucking boat launch and fish by myself but subways in the city are still packed? Gun stores are closed but liquor stores are essential?

This shit is sickening!

Gun stores are closed?  I was under the impression they were doing curbside pickup, plus you can get deliveries.  One of our members was just talking about their ammo delivery they just received.  

Edited by diplomat019

13 minutes ago, left field said:

It was 14 days symptom free but that may have changed.in the last few weeks. If positive, he could spread the virus. 

Why was he tested if he has no symptoms? From what I understand, they aren’t testing people with symptoms unless they’re admitted? 

Hes in a nursing home, they tested everyone. My question is, is he safe from this thing if he gets to 14+ days without symptoms? I understand he can still spread it. They moved him to a different area

30 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My moms husband was tested Friday and came back positive, it is now Wednesday with no symptoms. Is the general rule if you get to 14 days you are out of the woods so to speak? Is there an avg amount of time from exposure to symptoms?

many experience no symptoms at all. There are some freak cases where some have tested negative after recovering only to get symptoms again, but it's rare. There is a 7 days since first symptoms and 72 hours after no symptoms rule before they re-test and clear for release from self isolation.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

You said that they would ignore the complaint if they were getting favors.  Those are your words. Prove to me that they are getting favors for ignoring it.  It was reported that they didn't put much credence into the situation. I trust that the LEO are doing their jobs to the highest degree.  If you do not think they are then give me some proof.  Until then I trust the pd. 

Those are not my words.  I said "IF".  Go back and re-read what I said and try to understand it.  Show me a link saying the police didn't take the man's complaint.  Show me a quote from an officer saying he didn't put much faith into the complaint.  If you can't, it's either hearsay or propaganda.  Either way, I don't care about it unless you can supply what I'm requesting.