required boating class

Robhuntandfish

new boater class regs going into effect this season and have to take by a certain time based on age.  I am taking mine just to get it out of the way and so i dont forget it in 4-5 years from now.    https://parks.ny.gov/recreation/boating/education.aspx  USBoat offers a free online course.....https://www.boatus.org/newyork/

might as well get it done before open water and you know they will be out looking to enforce it this season. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was at dmv yesterday getting my enhanced license. I had my passport, birth certificate, and a bunch of other paperwork, including my USCG captains license. It looks almost identical to a passport. The lady asked me if I wanted the boaters safety endorsement on my license. I said sure, why not. She then asked if I had the paperwork showing that I took the course. I said no, but here’s my captains license. She gave me a dumb look, and after asking her supervisor, she said that it wasn’t good enough. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The lights and horn on my boat don’t work, my trailer hasn’t been inspected in the years and this is my water ski spotter, pretty sure I’ll skip this too .

she’s nice doesn’t talk much, but needs help winding in the rope .

CC7DBE6E-988E-4B23-9B6F-A8BAD234F489.png

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

The lights and horn on my boat don’t work, my trailer hasn’t been inspected in the years and this is my water ski spotter, pretty sure I’ll skip this too .

A Woman many of us dream about I'm sure !   LOL

19 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Nys Dec is building a training facility on the north end of Oneida lake .  I am expecting to get stopped every other day for training purposes

But if I use an inflatable GF instead does that count as a life preserver too? 

• Haha 1