Democrats

13 hours ago, Rattler said:

Democrats

Elison.jpg

The unholy koran tells him to beat his wife/gf when she is disobedient. 

(34) As for women of whom you fear rebellion, convince them, and leave them apart in beds, and beat them.

Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered. 1 Peter 3:7 nkjv

The unholy koran also says to "kill the idolators, wherever they are found" Who are the idolators? Any non muslim.

(9:5) Kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush.

44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, Matthew 5:44 nkjv

Religion of peace my ass!!

Dems hate to bring this up because Obama was a muslim. Dems don't appreciate truth.

End of rant

9 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

(34) As for women of whom you fear rebellion, convince them, and leave them apart in beds, and beat them.

Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered. 1 Peter 3:7 nkjv

The unholy koran also says to "kill the idolators, wherever they are found" Who are the idolators? Any non muslim.

(9:5) Kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush.

44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, Matthew 5:44 nkjv

Dems hate to bring this up because Obama was a muslim. Dems don't appreciate truth.

End of rant

I'm agnostic.. i dated a girl for years. Her father was a christian minister and was all over  putting hands on the children and wife , after all it was in the bible. His biggest issue with me was that I didnt put his daughter in her place... I dont think Muslims have a special corner on violence.

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness I permit no woman to teach or have authority over a man; rather, she is to remain silent."
1 Timothy 2: 11-12

As theology professor Steven Tracy wrote in 2008:

It is widely accepted by abuse experts (and validated by numerous studies) that evangelical men who sporadically attend church are more likely than men of any other religious group (and more likely than secular men) to assault their wives."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

End of rant

Not that there is anything wrong with any religion, people can believe what they wish, it's their business. But please, provide factual evidence for your claim that President Obama was Muslim.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ncountry said:

I'm agnostic.. i dated a girl for years. Her father was a christian minister and was all over  putting hands on the children and wife , after all it was in the bible. His biggest issue with me was that I didnt put his daughter in her place... I dont think Muslims have a special corner on violence.

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness I permit no woman to teach or have authority over a man; rather, she is to remain silent."
1 Timothy 2: 11-12

As theology professor Steven Tracy wrote in 2008:

It is widely accepted by abuse experts (and validated by numerous studies) that evangelical men who sporadically attend church are more likely than men of any other religious group (and more likely than secular men) to assault their wives."

Lots of very sexist parts of the Bible, the Old Testament especially. Even parts that call for some really messed up punishments and prejudice. Again, nothing wrong with being a Christian or Jewish, but there's no room for any religion to claim sole ownership of  the moral high ground.

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 3

79D8020B-7F61-4BFB-9642-CCD85B66A901.thumb.jpeg.7dc7a772ebe1140e49389bd028a78e99.jpeg

Did he really say raise taxes to people making over $29,000?

I don’t follow politics closely but he’s always been about taxing the rich only. Of course I don’t believe him but would be interested to see if this was something he actually said because I think it would kill any chance he has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Did he really say raise taxes to people making over $29,000?

I don’t follow politics closely but he’s always been about taxing the rich only. Of course I don’t believe him but would be interested to see if this was something he actually said because I think it would kill any chance he has.

No, he did not say this. I'm neither for or against Bernie, but this is just an example of people sharing something they saw on Facebook that is false. I am so tired of misinformation, it is really defeating to see so many smart people posting flat out lies and non-truths. 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sanders-tax-plan-52-percent/

• Like 1

No, he did not say this. I'm neither for or against Bernie, but this is just an example of people sharing something they saw in Facebook that is false. I am so tired of misinformation, it is really defeating to see so many smart people posting flat out lies and non-truths. 

Thank you for the snopes link. This is why I don’t follow politics as close as I should. Most media outlets are skewed to far left or right and it’s really hard to get real information. And no I never trust anything written in meme format. Seems like even when you go to the candidates websites it’s easier to find out how to donate to them than it is to find out what they are for or against. It’s frustrating.

I’m a registered republican so I can’t vote in the democratic primaries but I’m still interested in the candidates because I’m closer to the middle than a hard core republican and one of them will be up against President Trump

• Like 2

No, he did not say this. I'm neither for or against Bernie, but this is just an example of people sharing something they saw on Facebook that is false. I am so tired of misinformation, it is really defeating to see so many smart people posting flat out lies and non-truths. 

Thanks for Snopes.com...lately I’m feeling desperate for “real” information. Just tired of reading the left-est views than the right-est views and trying to figure out the truth...what’s your source of information these days

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Thanks for Snopes.com...lately I’m feeling desperate for “real” information. Just tired of reading the left-est views than the right-est views and trying to figure out the truth...what’s your source of information these days

Everything with a grain of salt, that's pretty much it :) Unfortunately this is the world we live in. 

13 hours ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Not that there is anything wrong with any religion, people can believe what they wish, it's their business. But please, provide factual evidence for your claim that President Obama was Muslim.

I guess him admitting it went unnoticed by you. Pay attention around the one minute mark

Edited by squirrelwhisperer
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I guess him admitting it went unnoticed by you. Pay attention around the one minute mark

Okay, that is totally edited out of context. That was in response to John McCain not promoting the false claim that he is Muslim. Come in SW, you can do better than this.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/press-release-2/

On 2/25/2020 at 6:15 PM, Rattler said:

Democrats

Elison.jpg

Another misleading Facebook meme. He was accused of domestic abuse, and I by no means want to defend anyone who commits violence against a partner, there is not much that I find more despicable than violence against women. 

However, this Facebook meme is incredibly misleading. The woman in the meme is not his ex-girlfriend or ex-wife. There are no photos related to the accusations, but this meme leads the reader to believe that this is the victim. Also, his accuser said that the accused abuse had nothing to do with Sharia Law or to have any religious basis. 

Again, I'm not defending domestic abuse, and I do not have enough information to claim that accusations are true or false. I'm simply pointing out the misleading nature of this meme, and I do condemn it's attempt to generate fear based on individual religious beliefs.

Scroll down in this article to see the mention of this meme, the first photo is yet another misleading photo related to this story.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/keith-ellison-former-girlfriend-photo/

• Like 1

Snopes is a joke.  Referring to them adds no credibility.

https://foodbabe.com/do-you-trust-snopes-you-wont-after-reading-how-they-work-with-monsanto-operatives/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/29/the-unreliable-facts-of-a-fact-checking-site/

https://www.reddit.com/r/politicalfactchecking/comments/cdwe75/i_think_we_are_being_too_lenient_on_fact_checking/

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/fact-checkers-big-media/

As far as Elison goes, it's not an issue of his Islamist adherence.  It's an issue of Democrats putting him in a high level position in their party.  No one denies he beat that woman, even him.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Snopes is a joke.  Referring to them adds no credibility.

https://foodbabe.com/do-you-trust-snopes-you-wont-after-reading-how-they-work-with-monsanto-operatives/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/29/the-unreliable-facts-of-a-fact-checking-site/

https://www.reddit.com/r/politicalfactchecking/comments/cdwe75/i_think_we_are_being_too_lenient_on_fact_checking/

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/fact-checkers-big-media/

As far as Elison goes, it's not an issue of his Islamist adherence.  It's an issue of Democrats putting him in a high level position in their party.  No one denies he beat that woman, even him.

Thanks Rattler, I had no idea. I guess I'll put my faith back in Facebook memes :) Really, can you prove that Snopes is wrong on this one? I'm sure you can and will argue that it is, but proving it is a whole different can of worms. Snopes has some very good information, and provides some pretty well sourced evaluations of claims. Just because it doesn't support your meme addiction doesn't mean that it is unreliable. You've muddied the water, and none of the links that you shared do anything to show that Snopes is wrong about your shared meme. 

Again, I make no defense for anyone who beats women, and I do understand that you're issue is with Democrats putting this person in a position of power. It also clearly calls a clear distinction of this persons personal faith, which is Muslim.

Whether you like it or not, there is a huge amount of false and misleading information out there, you share a lot of it, and I'm sure I've provided my fair share. It's enough to make even the most gullible person look at things twice.

It's misdirection.  The photo may not be of the woman he beat, but does that mean he did not beat a woman or not get appointed to the high level DNC position?  No.  He did beat a woman and he did get the position.  SNOPES would have everyone think because the picture isn't the real victim, it's a false story.  The fact is nobody can use the photo of the real woman without her consent, which she won't give, for fear of getting an ass beating again.

It's about Democrats and their values.  If one wants to deny Elison's situation, SNOPES will feed them the spin on the story to enable them to do it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rattler said:

It's misdirection.  The photo may not be of the woman he beat, but does that mean he did not beat a woman or not get appointed to the high level DNC position?  No.  He did beat a woman and he did get the position.  SNOPES would have everyone think because the picture isn't the real victim, it's a false story.  The fact is nobody can use the photo of the real woman without her consent, which she won't give, for fear of getting an ass beating again.

It's about Democrats and their values.  If one wants to deny Elison's situation, SNOPES will feed them the spin on the story to enable them to do it.

Then why use a photo of anyone.

I mean, look at it this way. I killed a really nice buck last year and just got the mount back! Does it matter that this isn't my buck? I mean, maybe I don't have a photo of my mount, so I just find another photo of a mounted buck to support my comment that I killed a nice buck and got the mount back. It's not misdirection, it's misleading, and really it's knowingly false.

Again, I make no defense of abuse. I do condemn your post for it's alluding to abuse being attributed to a person's faith. I remain in awe of your ability to argue about anything :)

9123_Harold-Smith_web.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Let me ask you a question.

If Democrats won't have an American flag on the stage at their debates, why should anyone ever give them a vote to run America?

If a person believes that they will be a better President that Donald Trump, then yes, they should vote for whoever they want. It's their business. 

If you're trying to cast stones, should anyone vote for a person who acts like this during the National Anthem?

Trump may act like a clown sometimes, but if asked he will tell you he loves America.  Ask any Democrat if they believe the US Flag should be present during their debates.  How many of them will say it should?

It's not an issue of one person, it's systemic throughout the entire Democrat party.  You want them to be running America?

6 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Trump may act like a clown sometimes, but if asked he will tell you he loves America.  Ask any Democrat if they believe the US Flag should be present during their debates.  How many of them will say it should?

It's not an issue of one person, it's systemic throughout the entire Democrat party.  You want them to be running America?

Where did you hear that they didn't want flags at the debate?  Aren't the debate stages set up by the TV networks that broadcast them so it may not be all up to the candidates.  The democrats may not believe in the America you or I may want, but it's to their benefit to stand behind the American flag and I don't think most democrats would say that they don't wouldn't want to stand by it.  See the video below of Hillary's speech at the 2016 Democratic convention.  Tell us that you aren't seeing any American flags there??  You may not think she represents what America should be, but obviously plenty of others do.

• Like 1

Did you see a flag on the stage at all?  I've seen a video where the one flag on the stage was actually removed from the stage just prior to the beginning of the debate.  Ask the candidates during the debate why there's no flag on stage.  Why wasn't that a question?

Democrats have moved really far left since 2016.  Anyone who doesn't think so isn't paying attention.

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

Also:  Did SNOPES fact check Biden's claim 150 million people have been killed by firearms since 2007?

I can't find that they did, but a quick google search shows that he likely misspoke, and meant 150,000, you know, kind of like when Donald Trump told people to vote 8 days after the actual election. I've noticed that folks over 70 have mental lapses like that pretty often :) (I'm really just busting on you there Rattler, not serious at all).

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

You are really upset about this flag thing Rattler, I'm sorry this has hurt you so badly. I mean, I would wager a bet that the candidates don't arrive early and set up the stage, but I could be wrong. I'm also not sure that the lack of a flag on the stage is the most pressing issue facing someone wanting to become President. I mean, it is obviously a very big deal, but probably not enough to get above the questions of Wage Inequality, Healthcare, Foreign Policy, etc.

To your point about Donald Trump acting like a clown but loving America, I'm sure he would say that he loves our country if asked, but I'm sure all of the Democratic candidates would say the same. Whether you believe them or not is your prerogative.