Who is ready for that first walk in the dark?

agross

I dont know about you guys but the anticipation is growing in me by leaps and bounds. Cannot wait until 6:00am to take that first walk in the dark to start the 2011 season.

Although its not that far of a walk i am super pumped. Recurve is shooting well. Hung a new stand over a food plot which is growing great for a first time plot. Bushnell trophy cam awaiting me pulling the card and seeing what has been going on in that field near my stand since August 19, 2011.

I honestly dont know what excites me more, getting in that hemlock with my bow or sitting down in my stand and checking the memory card while i await the dawn of opening day.

Man i love hunting. Best of luck to everyone.

• Like 1

I'm rearing to go....same as you before sunrise I seem to relive past hunts....The only problem I have is that my walk to stand is a long one in the dark...but it would not be bad if it werent for flushing grouse....nothing more makes you crap your pants then a flushing grouse a few feet from you in the pitch black....

• Like 1

I'm rearing to go....same as you before sunrise I seem to relive past hunts....The only problem I have is that my walk to stand is a long one in the dark...but it would not be bad if it werent for flushing grouse....nothing more makes you crap your pants then a flushing grouse a few feet from you in the pitch black....

Better than a grrrrrrowl...

at 69 years young going on 70 ( Nov 5)_ I have all the hunting togs washed and in the outside garage, in totes with pine in the totes, bows are setup and ready, was shooting BH's yesterday and they are flying great. I also have the backpack packed,

MY head lamp is a 4 AA light and have to recharge that friday night, even cleaned my coffee bottle with baking soda to make it scent free.I shot my 3D course yesterday and then walked and looked again at 3 ground blinds I have setup with camo burlap material and then brushed in with Pine. I see they sure look good and I am sure when I am in them the deer should not see me. I saw just one rub, and did see 1 doe and her fawn.

i am excited out the new hunting season that is almost upon us .... how ever when we went back in the summer to check on stands and looking for new sign we came across a few critters that have moved in lol ... black bear,, not ever hunting them i am a little uneasy walking into my stand at Odark thirty this year knowing there are 7 in the area we hunt , gotta love the lil ole lady who owns the land she is better than a trail cam lolololol she calls us and says welll boys you got more to shoot than deer this year she claimed she almost droped her dentures when taking a bag out the the garbage cans she got to the end of the porch and saw a group of bear its gonna be interesting to say the least