10pt At Mock Scrape

Cabin Fever

This mock scrape has been on fire since making it last week! I got 55 videos since Friday all from 5pm-8am. VERY surprised at all the activity considering the high winds and rain that we've had in the past 3 days! 4 different bucks (big 10, big 7, small 7, and a spike) and several does and fawns.

I'll post other videos when I get a chance.

th_PICT0957.jpg

th_PICT0958.jpg

th_PICT0959.jpg

What kind of deer lure did you use in the scrape? What part of Seneca county is this? I hunt near the Seneca/Schuyler line and we have yet to see a scrape and we hunt some areas that are usually tore up with them.

The scrape is 10 yards from one of my stands! Other than my mock scrapes, I only know of 1 other scrape that has been opened. It happens to be ~15 yards from this mock scrape on the video.I actually hunt in Wayne County, but live in Seneca County.

As far as the deer lure that I put in my mock scrapes, I can't tell you. I'm kidding! Typically, its around lunch time when I freshen the scrapes. So the flavor of deer lure would be either diet pepsi or Maxwell House. Yep, I whiz in my scrapes! Always have, always will!

I assumed he was the same buck that I have gotten several pics of in the past month. Upon closer examination, he's not. The buck that I have been getting pics of has a nub between his drivers side G4 and the tip of his main beam. The 10pt in the videos has a clean rack, no nub!

10ptcrop2.jpg

The scrape is 10 yards from one of my stands! Other than my mock scrapes, I only know of 1 other scrape that has been opened. It happens to be ~15 yards from this mock scrape on the video.I actually hunt in Wayne County, but live in Seneca County.

As far as the deer lure that I put in my mock scrapes, I can't tell you. I'm kidding! Typically, its around lunch time when I freshen the scrapes. So the flavor of deer lure would be either diet pepsi or Maxwell House. Yep, I whiz in my scrapes! Always have, always will!

I love it.. I'm a big fan of wizin' in the woods. Guess i should just start making mock scrapes off the downwind side of every stand i hunt. LOL

I love it.. I'm a big fan of wizin' in the woods. Guess i should just start making mock scrapes off the downwind side of every stand i hunt. LOL

Dave, my problem is I can't make enough of it! I gotta plan ahead. Sometimes, I have to RUN out to the scrapes to empty the tank! Sometimes it's tough to shut down, as I need to budget, depending on how many scrapes I need to service! Other times I about have an accident trying to get out every last drop! LOL

• Like 1

I'm seriously going to start in the morning near one of my ground blinds to see for myself what happens. Not quite ready to experiment on the prime locations until i see it for myself. The one ground blind is only set up for emergency bad weather and for miserable gun days so it will serve as the ginea pig spot for now. I'll keep you up to date..

Had a chance to hunt with Chuck Adams a couple times. (just luck of the draw, i don't have any connections or anything) and he told me that he never carries a piss bottle and thinks nothing of squirtin' off his stands. Has always done it and always will. Not to start a big debate here but if it's OK for Chuck Adams then it's OK for me.

Dave, my problem is I can't make enough of it! I gotta plan ahead. Sometimes, I have to RUN out to the scrapes to empty the tank! Sometimes it's tough to shut down, as I need to budget, depending on how many scrapes I need to service! Other times I about have an accident trying to get out every last drop! LOL

Considering whats on the videos I'm thinking alot of us wouldn't mind that problem.

Enjoyed watching those, b&w with envy.

I find it interesting, and a bit annoying, when people say that trailcams spook deer. Does he look the least bit "spooked"? LOL I think it depends on the brand of trailcam and if it makes noise, looks too out of place, or something else that gets their attention. I only have experience with Bushnell Trophy cams though.