Keeping crud out of a ML barrel

fasteddie

I take a surgical glove and cut the fingers off . Then I put one of the cutoffs on a finger and roll it up so it looks like a condom for a midget . Slip it on the end of the muzzle loader and roll it down . It will keep dust / dirt / moisture out of the barrel . I have killed deer shooting with this on . IT works for me !

if you goto pharmacy they sell these thing that looks like a minature condom.

it is actually a "finger condom" and they are sold for people who may have cut theyre finger and use theyre habds alot and want to keep the finger very clean and the bandage in place..

they will fit snug to any barrel and are safe to fire with on.

the gasses from the ignition will break the rubber and clear way long befoe the bullet or slug comes up the barrel.

you can keep it on your barrell all the time , even for bad weather or snow while walking against brush so no snow gets in therre.

Only when it rains for me and when that comes I take a little sandwitch bag and put it over the muzzle and wrap a rubber band around it.I keep some in my back pack while in the woods.Always good to have before the storm comes.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...