My Crossbow.. Dont hate me

work2hunt

I just recently purchased a New Crossbow called the Kodabow Express "Always Faithful" package.

I have had it a few days and I have been shooting it daily and I Love It....

You can check it out here:

http://kodabow.com/s...ndary=

I thought I would write a quick review for everyone.....

This crossbow shoots very smooth and is easy to draw the string back into the locking position. I love the 3 arrow KwiKee quiver that easily comes off. The camo thats on the Limbs ( Desert Digital ) is awesome and blends very well with the surroundings. The rear stock and pistol grip are tan and the rest of the bow is black. Very good blend of colors. The grip has a bonus... It can accomodate a flashlight which is a huge bonus. The 3x32 Scope brings you right up into the action and I have shot mine atleast 120 times the past few days and it is extrememly accurate and durable and I am excited to take it out on my first hunt....

I also Love the American Flag logo and for any Marines out there, you will Love this.. It has the Marines Corps Motto, "Semper Fi", " Always Faithful" on it.

I will keep this crossbow as part of my hunting equipment for a long time.

I will be doing more reviews of any new equiment I get including video equipment for hunting as I am out videoing hunts know.

Thanks

• Like 1

Nice. I went with an Excalibur. It's essentially a recurve crossbow, no cams. I got the Vortex 200lb. Since NYS has a 200lb. limit, otherwise I would have went with a 225. I have the luminox scope. 4 powered, and also has the option to the turn the reticles red for low light times.

I think the crossbow will be legalized in archery starting 2013. Doubt westchester county though.

• 3 weeks later...

NY approved it from Feb 2011 till Dec 2012, then it's up for them to "renew" it. So for now we have this year and next year.

Question: When does the new law go in effect?

Answer: The changes went into effect on February 1, 2011. This means that a licensed hunter can use a crossbow during the 2011 and 2012 big game hunting seasons. The law will expire on December 31, 2012, unless the Legislature and Governor decide to extend it.

Edited by Tim Martin

Looks like I would be fun to shoot. How is it reloaded? Any kind of mechanical gizmo or just brute force?

Just my opinion, as far as using them in archery season, I think the bow lobby won't let that happen, other than handicapped or old timers. I think the argument of holding and sighting with a bow at arms length under pressure versus a crossbow against the shoulder is enough to say they don't belong.

Some bows you can use a "cocker", basically a hand crank, mine I use a rope cocker which wraps around the stock and hooks onto the string then you pull it back. The rope cocker cuts down the force by half I believe. It's not bad at all, and in order to get consistant groupings, an aid is much better, as it' will pull consistantly, where as by hand you'd have a hell of a time pulling both sides evenly... not only that but some xbows require you to use them... Just imagine your fingers trying to pull back 175 lbs, with enough room for you fingers to get it in the cocked position.

The NY bowhunters Assoc. is raising all kinds of hell, but their is some squabbling among their ranks too! Think about it how many of them actually use traditional equipment. They are use compound bows with illuminated reticles (scope), mechanical releases (trigger), range finders, scent control, the latest camo. modern broadheads, high let-off bows.... Just how traditional are they?

The only difference is a xbow is pre-drawn. Oh, and it takes less effort to be much more accurate. So with less effort you more humanely kill... That's just terrible...LOL!

Sadly Suilleabhain,

They don't even allow for the elderly that can't pull a bow back due to age the choice to use one in archery season, and here is their stand on using one for the handicapped during archery season

Question: I have a note from my doctor regarding an injury that prevents me from using a regular bow. May I use a crossbow during the early bowhunting seasons?

Answer: No. The new law does not allow a hunter with disabilities (temporary or permanent) to use a crossbow during any bowhunting season. Hunters with physical disabilities should refer to the Modified Longbow Authorization for more information.