First 1 from the ground...

peas247

this season has had its ups and downs so far. i've been seeing a lot of deer just no shooters. and both of the shooters i did see i got burnt on. one crossed my lane just outta range, and the other i had @ 3 yards but it was just to dark first thing in the morning. ive been wantin to take a doe all season but haven't had a doe within 50 yrds. ive passed on over a half dozen baskets. ive been wanting to try still hunting from the ground for a few years now but always found a excuse not to. so i finally just man'd up and went and cut out a lil spot and made a natural blind on the edge of a field i hunt right where it funnels the deer along the grapes and up a lil hill. i hunted it 3 times seeing deer everytime includen the nice buck i saw that crossed just outta my range. well friday night i caught a nice doe all by herself on the edge of the woods start workin her way across the field. like she was on a rope she funnel'd her way right to me. 28 yards, broadside she strolled right thru my lane. hit her a tad farther back than i would of liked but she turned and took up haulin head and tail down. only went about 80yds and piled up. that was one of the coolest hunts that i have ever done. and even though its just a doe, its will be a hunt that i will remember for a long time.

post-713-0-40092500-1320683122_thumb.jpg

Congrats! Getting them on the ground is great, isnt it? I got my first from the ground this year as well. Again, congrats!

its awesome!! almost every deer i shoot with the gun is from the ground, but with the bow...it was intense! had my heart going hard!

Dude that's nice from the ground - good hunting. I always wanted to try a Turkey hunt w/Bow from a blind but I can't seem to get set right for a shot unless most of the side is down. Btw got a pic or any details on how you mounted the camera to your set up?

haven't sat in a tree stand all season. There are definite advantages to a stand, but a lot of drawbacks if you think about them. One things for sure it is a lot more intense on the ground! Last week had a doe at 8 ft and later a 1.5 yr old 7 pt buck at 10-12 ft. Doe would be dead but she walked straight toward me nose to nose and finally picked me off. Any other direction she would be in the freezer!

Dude that's nice from the ground - good hunting. I always wanted to try a Turkey hunt w/Bow from a blind but I can't seem to get set right for a shot unless most of the side is down. Btw got a pic or any details on how you mounted the camera to your set up?

ill post a picture of the camera mounted on the bow when i get home

bkln - im workin on the vid, ill try and also have that up tonight when i get home if it comes out ok

im hooked...my goal is this spring i bought a fred bear grizzly recurve 50# draw...im just gonna keep @ that even if it takes me years to learn how to shoot it, and then i wana take one from the ground with that. shotgun i hunt with a h & r ultra slughunter break action. gotta stick with one shot one kill!

Very cool! I was thinking the extra weight of a camera/mount might be an issue on the Bow, I guess not!

the camera its self weighs 3.3 oz, with the case and mount im probably @ about 7 to 8 oz total weight. ive shot since mid august with the camera on the bow. didnt have to make any adjustments at all. just need to be a little more careful when taken the bow off the hanger so i dont clunk anything with it and make any noise.