Fell in love with a Belgian....

It looks like I am going to be selling my Remington 870 after this deer season. Yeah, I know, I just got it, but today I fell in love with another shotgun, and this one will be able to do it all for me, from skeet to turkey to deer. Its the nicest feeling shotgun I have ever held. The Browning Maxus. I can break down that gun all the way to the firing pin (minus trigger assembly) and have it back together again in less than 2 minutes. It will be nice to lose a little recoil as well. Im all about buying American, especially when it comes to guns, but theres nothing on the market that comes close to this one.

I am on the fence whether I am going to get rid of my Charles Daly or not, I might keep that as a back up, but in order to alleviate any grief over the price of the Maxus, I am going to have to get rid of the Remmy. Im just hoping I can put at least one deer on the ground with the Remmy before she goes.

Right around the 7lb mark. My big decision is which one to go with. I know I want a 3 inch gun, not the 3 1/2, but Im not sure if I want the black composite "stalker" model, carbon fiber "sport" model or the "hunter" model with the wood stocks. Im leaning toward the "hunter", but the "sport" is very nice as well.

Heres the Hunter... http://www.browning....id=608&content=

Heres the Sport... http://www.browning....id=609&content=

The slug barrel will be a separate purchase. They are all cantilever and a matte finish, which would probably look nicer with the CF Sport. I sure do love the looks of the wood stocks though. :)

I'm partial to wood stock, high gloss finish's on guns but that Carbon Fiber deal does sound interesting. I would like to see them both in person, might make it easier to get the true look of em. How about a high gloss Carbon fiber, that would be something.

I tell you the semi auto's have come along pretty good, the Wincester sx-2 I picked up last year has hardly any recoil and isn't all that heavy either. It is not nearly as pretty though.

What is left hand? I know there is right handed and then WRONG handed...lol

yea yea, I know, I screwed myself out of my dads guns when he dies. lol..I can shot a right handed gun, its just ducking the empties that is a challenge. The true challenge is shooting a right handed bow left handed..haha I have done it.

LOL, I dont usually sell things after such a short time, but the 870 just isnt what I want, and if Im going to be spending the kind of money I have on that one, I may as well put the extra money up to get what I really want. Once the Maxus goes in my safe, I wont be selling it.

Im not sure I am going to sell the Daly. If I do decide to get rid of it, Ill give you first crack at it.

Browning has always made a quality gun. I've owned several over the years and currently have 2, a Belgian A-5 Light Twenty and a Citori Field Grade 12.

Friends of mine who use Browning Golds for waterfowl and turkeys love them.

One quality you'll appreciate will be lighter recoil with slugs and heavy shot loads.

Felt recoil will be about half of what your 870 is.

LOL, I never thought of that!

I like to practice with my guns, and with the 870, I start seeing my groups go a bit high and left after the first couple of groups. Its not the gun, its me flinching. Had the same type of issue with my old over under, I would miss or just nick the clays. Went to a semi and the issue went away.