Buck Parade

Steuben Jerry

Just now, Bionic said:

I didn’t even read a word you wrote prior to looking at the pics, lol.  All i was thinking is good for you...

Haha! This is down in Central NJ, where apparently if you don't have a feeder, you're not in the game. My son in law joked that there are more feeders per square mile than deer.

33 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Haha! This is down in Central NJ, where apparently if you don't have a feeder, you're not in the game. My son in law joked that there are more feeders per square mile than deer.

I have heard they dump corn by the pickup load, so I would believe that about feeders.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

wow. as much as i would love that 10pt., that first 8pt is really neat!

I agree, that is one high rack.

Her early season starts 9/12, but you have to kill a doe first. She has never taken a doe and it reminded me of your preference when she says that.

2 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

NJ has some weird land.

And tick infested. My wife and I went hiking in the woods behind their house with daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter on our first visit there last month. All they had was some lemony scented insect killer with deet, so we all put that on.

We pulled two ticks of my wife that evening, and three embedded ones off of me the next day. Daughter wasn't feeling well a few days later, went to the Doc and got tested for Lyme and went on antibiotics. Test results came back last week positive for Lyme disease. Doc said she's fine though.

Edited by Steuben Jerry

1 minute ago, Steuben Jerry said:

And tick infested. My wife and I went hiking in the woods behind their house with daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter on our first visit there last month. All they had was some lemony scented insect killer with deet. 

We pulled two ticks of my wife that evening, and three embedded ones off of me the next day. Daughter wasn't feeling well a few days later, went to the Doc and got tested for Lyme and went on antibiotics. Test results came back last week positive for Lyme disease. Doc said she's fine though.

irreparable damage with symptoms that never leave. good they caught it right away and snuffing it out.

15 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

irreparable damage with symptoms that never leave. good they caught it right away and snuffing it out.

You know, down there and at a co-worker's old place in southeastern PA, they don't make a big deal out of it. It's more of a "don't be a big baby" thing.

Weird, because I've read all about the long lasting effects. 

4 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

And tick infested. My wife and I went hiking in the woods behind their house with daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter on our first visit there last month. All they had was some lemony scented insect killer with deet, so we all put that on.

Nice bucks! No wonder I'm not getting on cam up in my end of the county. 

I just got tested for lyme disease and was put on doxycycline today!

38 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Nice bucks! No wonder I'm not getting on cam up in my end of the county. 

I just got tested for lyme disease and was put on doxycycline today!

Oh man, hope you’re negative! Those pics are in New Jersey. Youngest daughter and family moved there earlier this year. We got them a feeder for a housewarming gift. Bucks are just getting familiar with it from all of the other feeders in the area. 

3 hours ago, Lomax said:

Can I sit on her roof for the archery opener...seriously nice velvet bucks.  I think if it were my daughter We would be visiting her for Thanksgiving this year

They generally come here for the rifle opener. I’m afraid we might lose them to those Jersey bucks, lol. It won’t be this year, but I see an out of state tag or two for me in the future..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lomax said:

Can I sit on her roof for the archery opener...seriously nice velvet bucks.  I think if it were my daughter We would be visiting her for Thanksgiving this year

From what we’re learning, the nice bucks are all dead by then. They have a take a doe before a buck rule there and there is an early archery season starting in about a week or two. Local advice is get your doe in the early season so you’re not wasting time before all the best bucks get killed.

Seems like people are getting their best deer in September/October, although you can hunt into January in NJ. Or at least that part of NJ.

• Like 1