Happy Labor Day!

Versatile_Hunter

I hope everyone is enjoying Labor Day Weekend and that you were all able to spend some time outdoors! 

...some thoughts on labor and democracy:

Elections evoke emotion and drive partisan-based polarization, by design. This isn’t new, but the fairly recent advent of the internet and social media has made it easier than ever to become siloed in a virtual fantasy of our own making. I encourage everyone to travel and to interact (safely) with as many different types of people as you can. If you do, you’ll quickly find that The Other isn’t as different or radical as we’re being led to believe. Avenues and interests such as hunting provide the remarkable opportunity to do just that – to meet people who may appear to be wildly different than you but who share in the same love and passion for the outdoors.

I’ll share this terrific opinion piece that points to a gap in the Democratic Party (really, in politics in general) and highlights how Joe Biden is optimally positioned to bridge it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/02/opinion/education-prejudice.html 

Posting just the first sentence would have been been a nice step in achieving your goal , and would, got responses , from guys cooking out or hanging stands and so on ,  the rest just derailed it .

Surprise ! most of us have those friends already , my retirement party was attended by ,black ,white ,Hispanic, Jamaican , male, female ,lesbian , righty ,lefties , guys who, live in the hood , and on hill tops , even a freaking Vegan ! Hugged ‘em all .

The fact that you don’t think others  interact ,  is in itself telling .

• Like 3

Mine was bad . We learnt that my nephew was in a bad motorcycle accident  and was being loaded into a helicopter  . As we left to go to the hospital my husband got a call that his brother was in the er not looking good . 10 minutes  later  we got a call that his brother passed  away . We went turned around and we home . An hour later we got told the nephew was in surgery.  This morning  we got good news the nephew was OK broken leg and ankle and road rash but he will be fine.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Mine was bad . We learnt that my nephew was in a bad motorcycle accident  and was being loaded into a helicopter  . As we left to go to the hospital my husband got a call that his brother was in the er not looking good . 10 minutes  later  we got a call that his brother passed  away . We went turned around and we home . An hour later we got told the nephew was in surgery.  This morning  we got good news the nephew was OK broken leg and ankle and road rash but he will be fine.

my condolences to your family Cynthia for the loss of your family member . When it rains it pours sometimes. Happy to hear your nephew has made it through . 

2 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

I'm so sorry to learn about your brother in law's passing - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope that your nephew has a speedy recovery.

On 9/7/2020 at 5:28 PM, Nomad said:

Posting just the first sentence would have been been a nice step in achieving your goal , and would, got responses , from guys cooking out or hanging stands and so on ,  the rest just derailed it .

Surprise ! most of us have those friends already , my retirement party was attended by ,black ,white ,Hispanic, Jamaican , male, female ,lesbian , righty ,lefties , guys who, live in the hood , and on hill tops , even a freaking Vegan ! Hugged ‘em all .

The fact that you don’t think others  interact ,  is in itself telling .

Congratulations on your retirement, sounds like a great party! You're reaching in your interpretation but I'll let you have it. Consider it my retirement gift to you, along with the article which I hope you enjoyed.