Accents- Who's got 'em? Upstate vs Downstate

ELMER J. FUDD

It took me a long time to realize not every one says wicked awesome when describing something great, I guess thats a upstate thing too. If you really want to hear people talk funny go to Northern Maine, them fellers sound like they ain't so smart. And for the record in my area I don't have an accent, you out of towners do!

Yeah, Doe...In Maine BEAR and DEER are both two syllable words.

BAY-uh.......DEE-uh...

Also in Maine there is a difference between a grouse and a partridge ( PAH-tridge).

If you shoot it on the wing, it's a grouse..

If you shoot it off a limb or on the ground (usually on a logging road), it's a PAH-tridge...

My daughter lives in the north country, near Bubba..

The little town she lives in is NORFOLK... It is pronounced NORFORK by the natives...

I work in Norwood the next town over. I live an hour away. This one always gets me. If I pronounce it the way it should be everyone at work looks at me like I'm an idiot. If I pronounce it their way I feel like an idiot because I know how to spell for the most part.

I work in Norwood the next town over. I live an hour away. This one always gets me. If I pronounce it the way it should be everyone at work looks at me like I'm an idiot. If I pronounce it their way I feel like an idiot because I know how to spell for the most part.

I know just you feel Noahmstone... Years ago I lived briefly in the little town of Whitesville, in Allegany County just a few miles north of the PA line...

There is a trout stream that runs through town, and it's name is CRYDER Creek.

However, all the locals call it The KYDER...