Break action ML opinions

WNYBuckHunter

another option check the t/c impact. It is a cheaper rifle, but still a good one. It has the same barrel as the encore, and the same life tinme warranty. I had one for a couple years and regret selling it. You might consider selling your pistol barrel and check for a used ml barrel and use the frame you have now.

I currently shoot a CVA Optima Pro, it's not too bad of a gun but cleanup would be alot easier with a breech plug that could be removed by hand instead of having to carry a breech-plug wrench around with me. With that being said, I'm eyeballing the Traditions line...the Vortek looks pretty darn nice for the money!!! The TC brand is no doubt the hottest name in the market right now, just like with Mathews in the bow world...if you put your product in the hands of enough "pros" on the Outdoor Channel it becomes the "best" and everyone wants one. Not, trying to knock TC in an way, but you end up paying alot extra for the name.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

http://www.savagearm...odel/10MLIICAMO

This is what I use now. The best in my opinion. I use smokeless rifle powder and get cloverleaf groups @ 100 yards. I hunted all day in the rain with it and it fired flawlessly on a very nice 8 pointer. I hunted the whole season with it the 1st year I had it and it NEVER failed and hasn't yet. The ability to usesmokeless powder, without the excessive fouling from black powder, is the biggest bonus in my opinion. Hunted and killed 5 with it in one year and the barrel was still slick and clean. Also it has ballistics close to that of a 450 Marlin.(NASTY)

Edited by KenAxe-7

The voteck is over priced by far to me. That cerakote finish is not to my likeing.Plus with a ported barrel makes loose powder a chore on a windy day. Also makes cleaning the ported holes all that much harder.

For that kind of money you can get a better gun. This is only my thoughts. I have a white,TC,and a NEF.All have there place in the muzzle loading world. I just still am not sold on Tradtions and CVA yet. But many are and get GREAT results from them.

I love my Vortek UL. I shoot BH209 and dont have an issue with loading powder. Cleaning isn't that hard either...pipe cleaners fit right in the ported holes.

I got the camo/cerakote kit for $404 out the door at Cabelas...scope, mounts, everything. The scope is standard kit fare but has the BDC type reticle. It's exceptionally accurate. It's my first Traditions and I really like it. And the cleaning is very easy overall, but that's more to do with BH209.

You are welcome to shoot it when we meet up if its not too cold out by then.

Edited by phade

It is a alloy frame correct? If so I would be concerned with longevety if shooting hotter loads.

There is no need for a ported barrel with the psi and velocity created from a ml. I have seen some at the range , just not for me. Accurate I am sure.

the omegas and cva optimas would be better IMO and cost less

another option check the t/c impact. It is a cheaper rifle, but still a good one. It has the same barrel as the encore, and the same life tinme warranty. I had one for a couple years and regret selling it. You might consider selling your pistol barrel and check for a used ml barrel and use the frame you have now.

Ive considered doing that, but I want stainless instead of blued.

I love my Vortek UL. I shoot BH209 and dont have an issue with loading powder. Cleaning isn't that hard either...pipe cleaners fit right in the ported holes.

I got the camo/cerakote kit for $404 out the door at Cabelas...scope, mounts, everything. The scope is standard kit fare but has the BDC type reticle. It's exceptionally accurate. It's my first Traditions and I really like it. And the cleaning is very easy overall, but that's more to do with BH209.

You are welcome to shoot it when we meet up if its not too cold out by then.

Ill most likely take you up on that. Thanks for the info!