Almost did a Robin Hood . . .

Deerthug

Well, I installed the new Square Up from SquareUp Archery. It took about 20 minutes or so to install it and line it up with my bowsite. I had to realign my site down a bit and raise my pins. But I was able to sight in my first pin at 11 yards (that's all the room I had to play with today).

I need to re-sight the rest of my pins when I get to the range.

I shot a few arrows and much to my surprise it WORKED!!!!. I grouped several arrows within an 1-2" or so and almost did a Robin Hood. The SquareUp really forced me to keep my bow hand relaxed. I was surprised when I first drew back and looked through the peep that I had to adjust my bow hand to literally square it up with my bow sight. I can't wait to try it a longer distances.

620728fa.jpg

bdefe4ff.jpg

c8cde754.jpg

Nice shooting!!! I had thoughts of trying the squared-up device myself. Can you post a pic of it on your bow?

Btw, those robinhoods started losing their "coolness" after you ruin a few arrows. I've got 18 in my collection now from the past 6 years. You're bound to get a few after sending several thousand arrows down-range!!! If you ever set out to actually robinhood an arrow you'd never do it...

IMG_0890.jpg?t=1325020108

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

013gg.jpg

055ee.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

I'm happy with my Hind Sight, but your setup looks really interesting!

Definately makes a difference eliminating any wrist torque with two sights on the bow frame.

Still need your string peep thought, huh?

If the OD of the sight housings align, is the peep necessary? Just wondering.

That was what I wanted to eliminate due to my vision problems.

If it works for you, great!!

And a Robin Hood......

Looks like a more substantial mounting bracket than the Hind Sight.

Nice!!! I wasn't even trying but I was thrilled believe it or not that I came so close. I just bought a dozen CX arrows and I don't want to bust them up. Knowing that I could do it, makes me one happy bow hunter!!! :D

I have a couple of Robin hoods under my belt, they would be far better if it were some one elses arrows, lol

Carbon arrows Robinhood fairly easily so watch out once you get shooting better. I'm glad the sight is working for you.

Still need your string peep thought, huh?

If the OD of the sight housings align, is the peep necessary? Just wondering.

That was what I wanted to eliminate due to my vision problems.

Actually the instructions and videos say you can shoot with or without a peep. I didn't take it off yet. I want to shoot more and get comfortable before I do. In fact the peep helps me focus better. My eyes aren't the best but my problem has always been torque. I also looked at the hind site but I didn't like the idea of having to look at two different pins to shoot. With the square up you just make sure that your pins are in the middle of the two bars and pick your pin to shoot.