do you hunt with handgun?

The recoil is alot less than my other 44 and I can't notice any difference in noise level between the two either. No I didn't wear hearing protection while hunting and yes I should have because all it takes is one unprotected shot to get my ears ringing for hours these days. I always wear protection while target practicing and I have to figure something out for hunting next year.

That's the sight I was thinking about putting on my 44. I seem to have issues with locating the red dot on the Trijicon when I am sighting a target. Kind of like when you are using a rifle with a scope and you are either too close or too far from the scope. You get that tunnel kind of effect. I know it's not just me because I have had other people look through the site and ask "where is the dot".  Maybe I will hold off on the aim-point. It's one I have had for several years. It sits on a 30-30 and is pretty good for that gun.

A Thompson Center Encore chambered in 260 Remington is my primary deer gun. I love it, more challenging than a shotgun, but a greater effective range.

I had a friend who had one of those. Except it was chambered in 270. He let a friend of his shoot it one time, and he put the gun right up to his face to look through the scope. Before my friend could stop him he pulled the trigger and just about nocked himself out, and split his forhead open. I guess it took a few stiches to close it all up to. :)

A Thompson Center Encore chambered in 260 Remington is my primary deer gun. I love it, more challenging than a shotgun, but a greater effective range.

I had a friend who had one of those. Except it was chambered in 270. He let a friend of his shoot it one time, and he put the gun right up to his face to look through the scope. Before my friend could stop him he pulled the trigger and just about nocked himself out, and split his forhead open. I guess it took a few stiches to close it all up to. :)

That's what I call a serious eye relief issue!

That's what I call a serious eye relief issue!

Thats why you use a long eye relief scope lol. Mine would do the same thing to you if you got too close to it and pulled the trigger. Little sucker tries to jump right out of your hand lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a 50cal blackpowder cva pistol and a 50 cal knight mk95 blk powder pistol, i have taken deer and a wild pig with both, they both have 8in and 10in barrel respectively and take 90grains of pyrodex p, i am comfortable out to 50 yards off hand and 75 with a rest with the knight with weaver open sights, 50 yards with the cva (buckhorn rear and blade front).Both are deadly! and a great quick second shot in late muzzleloader as well!