What Game Camera do you use?

nyslowhand

I got spoiled with my 1st Game camera purchase. Believe it was a Woodland Outdoors Sports. Couple of guys with backgrounds in electronics that were also avid hunters developed the camera. Took a regular 4Mp Sony digital camera and made their own motion sensor. Took excellent photos. Could even unplug the Sony and use it as a regular digital camera. Excellent lockable, waterproof case and it cost just over $200. Believe they went out of business, couldn't compete with the outfits made in China. See several very similiar ones (Trail Watcher/Stalker/Swamp Ghost/Treebark) for $400+. Last year bought a HCO Scoutguard that had high reviews and everyone was bragging about. Really crappy pictures very disappointed. Looking to replace the HCO with a differnt cam. Don't think I'd be happy with the cheapo $100 units, but can't justify $400/$500 for a top of the line.

What does everyone use and do you like it?

The first one I bought was a Moultrie D40, its been a great flash cam thats on its 4th season.

Last year I picked up a Wildgame Innovations IR4, its a decent cam that I got for a great price. The only problem it had was the plastic "ears" that hold the battery contacts were brittle and broke off. I rewired it for an external battery pack and its perfect now. I believe the new models have an external battery attachment from the factory.

This past off season, I acquired a Moultrie I60. Its a decent cam, but has a few issues with shooting B&W pix during the day, etc. Battery life is far better than the other two cams though, and the IR field is alot larger than the WGI IR4.

I have had bad luck with Stealth Cams working for more than one season. They work pretty well and then they just quit. No warrantee either. Have a Cuddeback IR, quick trigger but it eats batteries like no other. Now I have 6 Bushnell Trophy Cams- had over 6000 pics and 30min of video on one set of Walgreen's AA batteries. I am impressed. Trigger speed is good too.

• 2 weeks later...