Some Marines are in trouble

Warfare has changed much over the last decade. War is no longer won on the battlefield but on the polictical stage. Please look at those dead taliban soldiers and honestly tell me if you can pick them out from a crowd of local villagers if they didn't have a weapon on them? US soliders find taliban fighters through one of two ways. 1. Being shot at. 2. Gaining the trust of the local villagers who point them in the right direction.

I don't think a lot of people realize how much effort the US spends in gaining the trust of local villages or how important it is in this war. A video like this can be the difference between being led to a taliban hide out and being lead to a trap. These marines could have potentially lead several of their fellow US soldiers into a trap now. Especially right now when everyone is in the middle of peace talks.

Edited by Elmo

Warfare has changed much over the last decade. War is no longer won on the battlefield but on the polictical stage. Please look at those dead taliban soldiers and honestly tell me if you can pick them out from a crowd of local villagers if they didn't have a weapon on them? US soliders find taliban fighters through one of two ways. 1. Being shot at. 2. Gaining the trust of the local villagers who point them in the right direction.

I don't think a lot of people realize how much effort the US spends in gaining the trust of local villages or how important it is in this war. A video like this can be the difference between being led to a taliban hide out and being lead to a trap. These marines could have potentially lead several of their fellow US soldiers into a trap now. Especially right now when everyone is in the middle of peace talks.

Our military will NEVER win trying to play politics. Here is how you win support. If they harbor the enemy they die with the enemy house by house, village by village counrty by country.

The STATEMENT FROM THE COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS is BS. I would love to have his explain the behavior of the Armed forces after their landing on D-Day. Ask him what was done to German captives during our advance. They were advancing and not able to readily takie prisoners. They were executed. No press, no poor public opinin. German sniper in a French church?. the church, the block and anyone close was taken out during the artillery barage. There is only one way to win and that is to beat them into submission. We did that in WW2 but have yet to do it since. Korea...Vietnam...and every 2 bit hell hole since. The press is there now and the American public doesn't have the stomach for what it takes to win. You can hide behind all to "we are better than that" and "morality" you want but we will remain targets and more will happen on our soil until they understand there is no measure we won't take to win. This is war. Until there is a realization by our enemies that they will be hunted down and killed at all cost, that the destruction will be beyond their understanding, that no target or area will be safe, that none of their family of friends are safe, we will NOT we be able to defeat the enemy....any enemy.

What happened in WW2, happened during times of desperation. It's not a justification for what happened, but there was a valid reason for doing what they did. If they were not ready to detain war prisioners, the only way we could ensure the soldiers that followed on the advance on D-Day, was to execute the opposing side.

This is not the case here. These Taliban soldiers have expired, but yet American soldiers insult and continue to fuel the hate these people have towards the American people. Is this what we really want? Especially during times of peace talks like Elmo stated?

Sometimes I find my fellow Americans no better than the Taliban that we strive to eradicate. I know several Marines, and I know none of them would act the way these Marines acted. They would be ashamed to call themselves Marines after seeing this.

They would be ashamed to call themselves Marines after seeing this.

I don't think yuo know Marines as well as you think. The Marines are NEVER going to be ashamed to call themselves Marines.

As far as fueling hate...I wish you people will get it through your heads. We are dealing with primatives. They hate and like to hate. no matter what we do they will hate us. Just because of what we stand for they hate us. The way we live our lives they hate us. You are very mistaken if you think it will change with a little hand holding and singing in a circle.

Our military will NEVER win trying to play politics. Here is how you win support. If they harbor the enemy they die with the enemy house by house, village by village counrty by country.

So we drop nukes on every country that doesn't agree with us until they finally agree with us? Sort of like a tyrant? Break up the UN and then we tell everyone they should adopt democracy?

• Like 1

Some people don't realize that the hate towards Americans are fueled by things such as this, arrogance and bullying. They don't realize that the American people have FUBAR foreign policies that places American troops in harms way. These people are too into themselves to realize that the problem isn't always one sided. Until they learn to take their heads out of their arse, we'll always be in this predicament. The USA isn't one of the greatest countries in the world because of Democracy, it's because we outsourse and hog all the natural resources and bully others into submitting. It's all catching up to us now. It's only a matter of time if we don't rethink how we operate on a global level.

Let's get one thing straight. This war has nothing to do with ideology or religion. It is about money and power. Plain and simply. Do you really think we went into Iraq looking for weapons of mass destruction? Iraq was sitting there minding their own business. They didn't bomb the WTC. But Bush saw the WTC as the perfect time to invade Iraq and gain some control of their oil. He could not invade Iraq for no reason at all otherwise everyone would oppose it but right after the WTC bombing he knew he everyone had a lynch mob mentality. So he took the opportunity to sell the public that they going after WMDs and so many people bought into it.

The same is done on the other end. The Taliban and Al Qaeda does NOT represent Islam or the Koran. They use that to brain wash the locals to allow them to do what they're really out to do...gain power and control of their land. They tell the villagers "you have to back us because we're right and we're just!" but the truth of the matter is that they don't actually follow the laws of Islam or the Koran. They use it as a front.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

Let's get one thing straight. This war has nothing to do with ideology or religion. It is about money and power. Plain and simply. Do you really think we went into Iraq looking for weapons of mass destruction? Iraq was sitting there minding their own business. They didn't bomb the WTC. But Bush saw the WTC as the perfect time to invade Iraq and gain some control of their oil. He could not invade Iraq for no reason at all otherwise everyone would oppose it but right after the WTC bombing he knew he everyone had a lynch mob mentality. So he took the opportunity to sell the public that they going after WMDs and so many people bought into it.

The same is done on the other end. The Taliban and Al Qaeda does NOT represent Islam or the Koran. They use that to brain wash the locals to allow them to do what they're really out to do...gain power and control of their land. They tell the villagers "you have to back us because we're right and we're just!" but the truth of the matter is that they don't actually follow the laws of Islam or the Koran. They use it as a front.

Hold on a second there, Iraq was "sitting there minding its own business"? Are you joking? How many UN mandates did they break before we finally went in? I remember it being something like 17. How long do you just let someone like Hussain thumb his nose at the international community before you give the sanctions and mandates teeth?

Also, control what oil? Iraq was supposed to be paying us back for what we did partially in oil, and we havent seen a drop. Same deal with Kuwait the first time we kicked Iraq's ass, and we never saw a drop then either.

The war that Al Queda declared on the western world is part of a larger war that has been going on between Islam and everyone else for thousands of years. It always has been, and always will be based on the fact that they see us as the "infadels" and want to kill us if we dont turn to their ideals.

WNY, you said it yourself " Iraq was supposed to be paying us back for what we did partially in oil, and we havent seen a drop." Also, as I recall, US didn't get a full endorsement from the UN to invade Iraq. UN wanted further investigation.

but the truth of the matter is that they don't actually follow the laws of Islam or the Koran. They use it as a front.

Actually the follow the to the LETTER.

As for the WMD and oil. I don't know what was there. I haven't seen tankers sucking the place dry either. I think many fat cat defense contractors made a ton of money using our young soldiers blood as colateral.

I dont think we should have gone in because we can't win with a public that can't do what is needed. I guess if nothing else they got a 12 year pass from when we first should have leveled the place. I certainly hope we don't have a run in with the Chinese and it ends up on our shores because from what I have seen on here and heard by many people, the American public in general doesn't have the stomach to protect ourselves.

Look up Wafah Dufour bin Laden. She's Osama's niece. And his son Omar Osama bin Laden. If Osama follows the Koran to a tee, he would have killed these two but he lets them slide. Why? Taliban and Al Qaeda are radicals and should be used as a full representation of Islam.

Edited by Elmo

Liberal guilt

I agree! Until you've been in the field getting shot at, you can't sat crap! I agree this is putting more marines in harms way, but they already are in the $&@t. All I can say is Boys keep your heads and butts down. Come home safe and deal with the PTSD that the liberals will try to tell you you don't have. Oooh Raaahh! From the Navy!

• Like 1

Its ok to kill and drag them up in a pile but dead people don't like to be pissed on thats immoral our president can get a blow job in the white house with his wife in the next room and everyone talks about him being so great now that is immoral and not something for your kids to look up to. Leave the GI's alone War IS War

Its ok to kill and drag them up in a pile but dead people don't like to be pissed on thats immoral our president can get a blow job in the white house with his wife in the next room and everyone talks about him being so great now that is immoral and not something for your kids to look up to. Leave the GI's alone War IS War

I could careless how the opposing side was killed, or disabled from killing our troops, but desecrating someone's loved one after the fact is uncalled for. And filming it for the world to see, definately doesn't help matters. I also understand war IS war, but there are ways to fight an honorable war, and then there is this.

I agree! Until you've been in the field getting shot at, you can't sat crap! I agree this is putting more marines in harms way, but they already are in the $&@t. All I can say is Boys keep your heads and butts down. Come home safe and deal with the PTSD that the liberals will try to tell you you don't have. Oooh Raaahh! From the Navy!

Thanks for your service, but you are right, I can't imagine how it is out there. I know people that have served, but I would not dare to ask for details and bring back undesirable memories. That does not mean that I think what's done here is right. Perhaps these kind of things happen all the time in war, but to publicly record, and braodcast it really isn't any better than those you see of American's being executed on homemade videos. Is that the level that America has become?

WNY, you said it yourself " Iraq was supposed to be paying us back for what we did partially in oil, and we havent seen a drop." Also, as I recall, US didn't get a full endorsement from the UN to invade Iraq. UN wanted further investigation.

Thats not what I said. Why would Iraq pay us back for anything? Kuwait was the country that was supposed to pay us back for liberating them. Iraq IS supposed to be paying us back presently for liberating them from the Hussein regime, and they are not doing so. Meanwhile that war is over for us and our troops are gone from Iraq. Wheres our payback? A month's salary says we will never get it.

As far as the UN, they are a bunch of all talk pansies that have always depended on US to handle the fight for them when it gets too tough. Its just the League Of Nations part 2, and it will fail eventually just like the LON did.