So How Was The Season For Everyone In 7M??

paddymac29

Our hunting camp in 7m was not great either. I think the weather was a big factor like you said. Deer movement was all at night it seemed like. Saw a nice buck during bow season, couldn't get a shot off. Never to see him again until the weekend after Muzzle loader week.

I'm in 7R. Did take a nice 4pt on opening day of gun season. I saw a few does and one real nice buck during bow season; and a few does during ML. Overall, it was a bit slower than usual. I agree, it was just so warm and a lot of the deer movement seemed to be overnight.

Hunted in Otselic, very quiet. I only saw one deer opening weekend but i bagged him. There seemed to be barely any hunting pressure at all. It was 60 degrees that Sunday and I was afraid the meat would spoil! Do you hunt out of Lincklaen Paddymac? If so you are real close to me.

I hunt north pharsalia off of one eye road and also off of warner road south otselic

I went out several times and saw not a lot of anything a few fawns with doe's and let them walk. at 70 years young I also do not spend all day in the woods, most times now I drive so I get to the area to spend the last 4 hours of the hunting day in a natural ground blind and no tree stands...

Yes. I hunt in Lincklaen. This year was bad!! we saw alot during bow season then they seem to vanish when gun season came, bow season was a little cooler then gun. I had great photos on cams of a few bucks, but no one in camp saw any of them. I guess lets hope for better season in 2012!!

Had the best season ever here in 7M.....usually go days without seeing deer especially in bow season but every time i went out this year i had deer all around me. Also saw as many bucks as does although most were small. Shot 2 biggest bucks i saw, 160 lb. 5 pt in bow season and a smaller 6 pt opening morning gun. Brought brother in law and he bagged forkhorn about 5 mins before me same morning. Im not sure why this year was so good but i hunted 2 new spots this year so maybe it was just the change in location...also they were diggin n drillen gas well across the street so maybe all the deer came onto my property...

I only hunt public land in 7m and our group had a pretty poor year there. I did hear that in bow season more bow hunters than ever where hunting this place and there were deer all over at start of bow. I think the bow pressure is having a huge effect before gun starts in this spot.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

How did you guys fair in 2012? 

We hunt near Hamilton.  The five of us did really well this year.  I took a spike with my bow in November and filled my doe permit.  I passed on a number of bucks because I filled my buck tag in the northern tier.

How do you feel about 7M going to an AR zone?

And mixed feelings on AR ,I'm not a big supporter and not sure why we need them I've seen more mature bucks in the past 3 seasons....also buddies just introducing two young sons to bowhunting and we were hoping for them to bag a small buck for we got plenty of 'em runnin around

• 3 months later...

This will be my second year hunting 7M, picked up some land there last year and love it, took a Doe with a bow and another with a gun, saw a lot of deer but was holding out for 2 of the Big bucks we were getting on trail cams consistently, have been getting ready for our second year there and have a good number of nice deer on camera already...had some bear sign a couple weeks ago as well...cannot wait until this season starts!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does the public land in 7m get trampled pretty bad in bow season(pharsilia, and beaver meadow)

More around Pharsalia, the other state forest areas have been empty from my experience.  I hunt in Otselic and usaully don't see anyone in archery and after opening day its real quiet for rifle as well.