rest for a treestand?

Robhuntandfish

Now that is genius!  I'm gonna have to look them over to do that over the summer. 

Yup takes 1 minute. Take the bolt out that the rail sits on, find a pin that fits in hole. Make sure the pins long enough. Sit in stand and lift rail up to where you’d want it for a gun rest and trace the edge of rail on stand. Drill a hole off the lines on both sides.

Takes 1 second to change between bow and gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

I've had 4-5 different ladder stands over the years and all had adjustable gun rails. Obvious dumb question - Sure your's aren't adjustable? Should be sqr channell pieces with knobbed set screws on each front side of both arm rests. All the ones I've seen were adj by these!

BTW - I have a short shooting stick for my Xbow, which I rarely carry. Can place one end on stock & other into your lap. Or just find a branch the right size with a "Y" yoke at the end.

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I was thinking one of those handy man clamps on the rail too. 

Or this ^^^... Couple small-ish C-clamps attached to arm rest to change gun rail elevation/angle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

I've had 4-5 different ladder stands over the years and all had adjustable gun rails. Obvious dumb question - Sure your's aren't adjustable? Should be sqr channell pieces with knobbed set screws on each front side of both arm rests. All the ones I've seen were adj by these!

BTW - I have a short shooting stick for my Xbow, which I rarely carry. Can place one end on stock & other into your lap. Or just find a branch the right size with a "Y" yoke at the end.

Or this ^^^... Couple small-ish C-clamps attached to arm rest to change gun rail elevation/angle.

I have a few different brands but they only have just the one hole for the screws and knobs.  Gonna drill some new ones in the summer to adjust them higher for sure.  So can have them lower for bow and higher for gun. 

During bow I always have the shooting rail tied up behind me over my head.  I am always strapped in with safety vest.  I don’t want anything in my way while shooting with a bow, could be standing or sitting depending on the shot.  

During gun, I keep them down and lay the gun across it so it is close by and ready to shoot.  I don’t think any of them are too low so I must have adjusted them when installed.