Good way to get rabies , roundworm etc...

Water Rat

We had a family friend who was a real mountain man in the hills of West Virginia. Slept on this porch 365 days a year. He was one with nature. One night we were visiting I was probably 14 years old and hear a ruckus in the middle of the night peek out in the kitchen and there was Coy feeding 3 Coons Reese peanut butter cups. They came every night he said. He even had skunks and possums that visited nightly he took care of. Some people have that delicate touch with wild animals. I even once seen him feed twizzlers by hand to a wild deer.

• Like 1

Strikes me as a lonely old fella that needs them raccoons as much as they seem to depend on him. And boy howdy I've never seen such fat raccoons in my whole life. Pound after pound of hot dogs, cookies, and 50 pound bags of dog food really seem to have plump them up. He better hope they all don't try to go under the deck at once or they might flip the house over. lol

3 hours ago, Cory said:

We had a family friend who was a real mountain man in the hills of West Virginia. Slept on this porch 365 days a year. He was one with nature. One night we were visiting I was probably 14 years old and hear a ruckus in the middle of the night peek out in the kitchen and there was Coy feeding 3 Coons Reese peanut butter cups. They came every night he said. He even had skunks and possums that visited nightly he took care of. Some people have that delicate touch with wild animals. I even once seen him feed twizzlers by hand to a wild deer.

I slept in a corn field one night, down in Franklinville, after a pig-roast at a buddy's camp.  I had a few too many beverages with my hind--quarter of button-buck (they cooked that and a couple turkeys inside the pig).  When the food and beer were gone, I went down to the creek to wash up (I was pretty greasy). 

I didn't feel like sleeping in the cabin, so I grabbed my sleeping bag out of my truck and dragged a chaise-lounge off the porch and into the corn field.  They must have had a 4-row planter, because I found a wide spot, that far in. 

About a half hour before sunrise, the coons came thru.  I don't know how many there were, or what exactly they were after (it is possible that I was not able to hold down all of my food and drink that night), but they sure made a ruckus. 

• Haha 1