Old Herters Squirrel Call

OldBrian

Never saw one of those calls Old Brian, I would have liked to see this guy demo the call to hear how it sounded. Being an avid Squirrel hunter I have used a bunch of different calls down through the years and while I have had a few Squirrels come in to the calls I do not have a whole lot of confidence in them being great producers on a consistent basis. I can duplicate the sounds made with most of the commercial calls by just sucking on the back of my hand. Have had better success getting Fox to come into range with them than getting Squirrels to come in. 

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 4:20 PM, airedale said:

Never saw one of those calls Old Brian, I would have liked to see this guy demo the call to hear how it sounded. Being an avid Squirrel hunter I have used a bunch of different calls down through the years and while I have had a few Squirrels come in to the calls I do not have a whole lot of confidence in them being great producers on a consistent basis. I can duplicate the sounds made with most of the commercial calls by just sucking on the back of my hand. Have had better success getting Fox to come into range with them than getting Squirrels to come in. 

Al

right? what the heck kind of video doesn't demonstrate the call???

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Hey OB, I was wondering where you got that call from anyway?  Looks pretty vintage; is it worth anything maybe?

NorthCountryMan,

The call is from a collection of Vintage Game Calls. Not sure on the current value. 

Take care,

brian

• 2 weeks later...