staff shooting position

sweet old bill

Hi all at 70 years young I have been selected by hot shot release mfg group to be a Staff Shooter for them. I will now be shooting there release at all the 3D shoots.

I shot two weeks ago for my first shoot of the year at sand dune archers of Myrtle beach SC. They had also had a 900 round for the nfaa shooters. It was a 2 day shoot and they had about 150 shooters on both days. It was a weather perfect day with the sun out and 61 degrees. The 3D course was very flat and thru all type of pines and local brush. Not like some of our course that you have to be part mountain goat to shoot. I had one of my best shoots ever, only had 2 arrows hout of the kill area on 32 targets, rest in the kill or super kill. I shot as a senior hunter and I think almost all the targets were in the range of 20 to 35 yards. The Pro seem to shoot out to 50+ yards, and can some of these guys shoot, but not what I call hunting equiptment, they have 6x scope, super light arrows, seats with quivers attached, so they can sit down while waiting to shoot. I had on the bow a cheap, under 40 dollar slider sight with a .029 fiber optic scope, and 3 marks 25,35, and 45 yards. Anything in between I just gap shoot. One of the younger guys had a new 2012 PSE bow setup with 7 pins top of line sight. He shot very well. I tried it on the practice area, sure did not work for me and my old eyes. Pins so close together as he was shooting max out close to 70 lbs and 28 inch draw. AlL I saw when I held the bow up was a mess...my old eyes no longer can use the pin setup..... I hope all are well and you will continue to having a better and normal winter...think brown ground and see you on April 1.......

Edited by sweet old bill