White-flash Cuddeback & Stealth-Cam trail cams

Doc

I'm looking at the Cuddeback Attack and the Cuddeback Capture, and the Stealthcam Rogue and the Stealth-cam Sniper Pro for my next purchase. I have only a few qualifications:

good color and quality of day or night images (no infra-red)

good functional quality and reliability

Ease of use and set-up

The cost of the above makes and models is about as far as I will go for price.

Has anyone had any experience with any of these specific cameras? Any general comments on these manufacturers in terms of customer service and reliability, Etc.?

I have no personal experience with those brands but I've read a lot of unfavorable reviews about the Cuddiebacks as well as the older model Stealthcams. I had an older model Stealthcam but I was never happy with the pictures and the batteries (took 8 C's) didn't last more than a week. I don't know much about the newer models. I use a Bushnell Trophy Cam now and I am very happy with it. Extremely easy to set up and use.

Edited by Deerthug

That's worse and worser imo.

Cuddyback and Stealth routinely rank (informally) at the bottom for CS. Cudde used to be great (#1 early on) but they have not done all that great to date in recent years despite having a fanbase. Stealth? I don't know how they stay in business.

The whiteflash capture has some fans...but that's about it out of the four that I would even look at.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Capture. That's a real nice/simple/reliable/quality cam that takes great shots. My only gripe about it was it didn't have a burst mode! I've also heard the mixed opinions on the Attack but no personal experience with them.

Here's one more I'll throw in the mix for ya Doc. Wildgame Innovations D-8. I haven't stayed up to date with their latest cams so they may have new similar models available.

White flash for your critter shots and if you want to go stealthy on deer switch it over to IR. I ran this cam last year and was really pleased with it in both modes....but once again, no burst.

Check them out on Walmarts site. They had them for $125 and free shipping but for some reason I can't get there page to open today. Here's a quick link I grabbed for ya.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rlz=1T4RNTM_enUS355US403&q=wildgame+innovations+d-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13988403408141889366&sa=X&ei=B3hNT9itCYft0gG4jZm-Ag&ved=0CFYQ8wIwAg#

Most of my pics i have posted have been from cuddiebacks. i have several captures (5) 4 of these were bought factory reconditioned, (2) attacks, and several older models. my oldest cuddiebacks are almost 10 years old. still working fine. i did have an issue with an expert model, sent it back and as they no longer made it i was offered an upgrade to their newest model for 75$. I have a few wild game innovations ir4 's great day time and crappy ir pics. i do have a steathcam and its ok but doesnt compare to cuddieback. Do not be afraid of factory reconditioned the price is half and quality is same or better as they were found to have problems and have been fixed. ease of use on the earlier models was ok but the new models are a lot better, not quite put batteries in and use but very close with capture model. I love white flash and will not buy the ir cams...Battery use is very reasonable about 2 weeks in freezing temps , a couple of months in warm weather. I did pick up an archers choice cam last fall and while thepics day and night were good the batterlife was less than desirable , though the video with sound i am impressed with and cant wait to put it in a few known strut zones this spring.

Edited by G-Man

Most of my pics i have posted have been from cuddiebacks. i have several captures (5) 4 of these were bought factory reconditioned, (2) attacks, and several older models. my oldest cuddiebacks are almost 10 years old. still working fine. i did have an issue with an expert model, sent it back and as they no longer made it i was offered an upgrade to their newest model for 75$. I have a few wild game innovations ir4 's great day time and crappy ir pics. i do have a steathcam and its ok but doesnt compare to cuddieback. Do not be afraid of factory reconditioned the price is half and quality is same or better as they were found to have problems and have been fixed. ease of use on the earlier models was ok but the new models are a lot better, not quite put batteries in and use but very close with capture model. I love white flash and will not buy the ir cams...Battery use is very reasonable about 2 weeks in freezing temps , a couple of months in warm weather. I did pick up an archers choice cam last fall and while thepics day and night were good the batterlife was less than desirable , though the video with sound i am impressed with and cant wait to put it in a few known strut zones this spring.

Where do you buy your factory reconditioned cams?

I too am looking at another trail cam purchsae.

Since I already have a Cuddeback Capture, won't be buying another one.

Decent cam, but for me the triggering zone is way too narrow.

May get a left over 2011 Bushnell Trophy cam when the newer models are released.

Been watching then on auction sites and they are currently going for ~$130 for the bottom line model.

The best cam I have is a hybrid with a Sony digital camera inside.

Would look for another, but the cost of these hybrids is a little too much $$.