Elevated box stand

Nice work. 
I need 30 sheets of plywood for a project. Priced it last week - $63. This week $74. The guy honoured last week's price.
Holy Jesus....I hope you were redoing a roof that had a hole the size of the grand canyon in it and needed to be fixed asap. That's a crap ton of plywood.

And on a side note how the hell did it go up that much in a week....price gouging at its finest.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Inside floor and walls of cabin. Really regretting this project. I should have just stripped it to the studs, painted everything white and called it a summer cabin, but no.

Now I have wasps that have bored through the hemlock and built a nest somewhere in the exposed insulation. No way, I'm ripping that out to find them. Not sure how to deal with that. 

7 hours ago, greensider said:

Nice job I used my quad wench to rais mine and used same brackets thos make building raised blinds easy 

I used a heavy duty rope, tied it off to the hitch of my UTV and raised the platform very easily, was shocked how easy it went up.

• 3 weeks later...
Was able to put the redneck in place, great blind. Bought pallet forks for my tractor bucket and placed that blind right on  the stand. Was quite easy thank God!!!IMG_20210523_182343_546.thumb.jpg.af3cd6ee44f0f6fb1d3a59d35fa59424.jpg20210523_153829.thumb.jpg.48a652000929f9a783a42efc04424b5e.jpg
Any pics hosting it up there? Did you strap the blind to the bucket when lifting in place?

12 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

Was able to put the redneck in place, great blind. Bought pallet forks for my tractor bucket and placed that blind right on  the stand. Was quite easy thank God!!!IMG_20210523_182343_546.thumb.jpg.af3cd6ee44f0f6fb1d3a59d35fa59424.jpg20210523_153829.thumb.jpg.48a652000929f9a783a42efc04424b5e.jpg

Looks amazing, great work! I will post pics of my new box when I get done with it, probably in the next month or so. Not as fancy as yours but it will get the job done.

Question, is it just the camera angle or is the base leaning to the right some?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Any pics hosting it up there? Did you strap the blind to the bucket when lifting in place?

No, so pissed, forgot my phone at home. What I did was  bought pallet forks for the tractor bucket and on the pallet forks are slots where you can stand up a 2x4 in each fork, so yes once on the forks I wrapped a very long and big ratchet strap around the blind and around the 2x4's, lifted the bucket all the way up,, pretty much had no more lift to go at that point the bucket was probably 7 1/2 ft. Off the ground,, then I stood inside the bucket from behind the blind and just pushed it off onto the stand. Worked just as I imagined but was dreading it the whole time. Worked out really well and the tractor did all the work.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CapDistPatriot said:

Looks amazing, great work! I will post pics of my new box when I get done with it, probably in the next month or so. Not as fancy as yours but it will get the job done.

Question, is it just the camera angle or is the base leaning to the right some?

No, just the angle.  It's on a side hill.. We put a level on the base and it's perfectly even on all sides.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

Just curious what pallet forks you got...   I have been looking at the type that clamp onto the bucket.   Is that what you used?

39 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Just curious what pallet forks you got...   I have been looking at the type that clamp onto the bucket.   Is that what you used?

Yep thats what I used and worth every penny, think they were $165 shipped, these are the exact ones I bought.

Screenshot_20210524-174113_Amazon Shopping.jpg