Looks good..  do you plan on "X" bracing between the legs?

I want to do the same, but both properties I hunt, the landowners don't want 'em. 

Edited by mowin
2 minutes ago, mowin said:

With the price of PT lumber, that must have cost a small fortune.  

Almost cheaper to use 4x4 steel tubing .

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, mowin said:

I was about to say the same thing. I was looking to replace the plywood on my range target and a piece of 3/4 is going for $60.00 at Lowes:o

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, mowin said:

Looks good..  do you plan on "X" bracing between the legs?

I want to do the same, but both properties I hunt, the landowners don't want 'em. 

Yes sir, I have the cross braces but not shown in pic because the legs are coming off for transport.

Just now, NYBowhunter said:

Yes sir, I have the cross braces but not shown in pic because the legs are coming off for transport.

Makes sense.  Is it going to overlook a food plot?

9 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I was about to say the same thing. I was looking to replace the plywood on my range target and a piece of 3/4 is going for $60.00 at Lowes:o

Yep paid $60 at lowes for a sheet of 3/4 treated ply. 

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, mowin said:

Makes sense.  Is it going to overlook a food plot?

It will overlook a food plot, sanctuary and a hillside. Its gonna be way up on the highest point of my property.

• Like 1

Sweet!! I did a thread about our blind last yr. Here’s a pic from the install, we secured 2 ladders to the top, walked/winced the blind up the ladder. Pretty easy and ours was the 5x6. They are sweet blinds and now have 2 and will be getting another one this yr!

D440D67E-3AE3-4C36-822A-4BB8F7733015.jpeg

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, mowin said:

Not really, with the elevator brackets and PT lumber I'm all in for $375, alot cheaper then paying redneck close to $900 for a metal 8' stand.

4 minutes ago, Zag said:

Sweet!! I did a thread about our blind last yr. Here’s a pic from the install, we secured 2 ladders to the top, walked/winced the blind up the ladder. Pretty easy and ours was the 5x6. They are sweet blinds and now have 2 and will be getting another one this yr!

D440D67E-3AE3-4C36-822A-4BB8F7733015.jpeg

Nice, I was thinking of using the bucket of my tractor  to place the redneck on the stand.

2 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Nice, I was thinking of using the bucket of my tractor  to place the redneck on the stand.

I don’t know how that would work. Ours was 12ft the floor and the 2nd one we did was like 6ft high.

4 minutes ago, Zag said:

I don’t know how that would work. Ours was 12ft the floor and the 2nd one we did was like 6ft high.

This one is 8' with the splayed legs probably more like 7' high,, I will have to see how much height I can get with my bucket.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wowza....that's some dollar bills in 4x4's.
Unreal how much that base costs with lumber prices. I was going to build one for the Amish blind I am getting and said forget it and will be paying them for a base.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2021 at 7:53 PM, NYBowhunter said:

Beautiful day to be out on top of the mountain, took most of the day but we got it done. Stand is in place, now just need to order the redneck.

IMG_20210410_194355_990.jpg

20210410_173639.jpg

@NYBowhunter - What's the purpose of the galvanized sheet at the base of ladder ?

Edited by JJBat150