Anyone have GM's new 6.6 gasser?

mowin

Thinking of trading in my Ford F350. Dealer is giving me $41. Payed $43 two yrs ago. 

Looking at Silverado 3500 with the 6.6 gas engine. Has to be a huge upgrade from the old 6.0 power wise. 

Anyone having issues with the new 6.6?

Does it come with 4.10 gears ? I've heard nothing but good about it . That 6.0 has been a bullet proof engine for a long time . Aside from exhaust manifold bolts breaking off I love it .

Edited by sbuff

33 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Does it come with 4.10 gears ? I've heard nothing but good about it . That 6.0 has been a bullet proof engine for a long time . Aside from exhaust manifold bolts breaking off I love it .

3:73.  The 6.0 was a great engine, but lacked the power. 

2 hours ago, mowin said:

Thinking of trading in my Ford F350. Dealer is giving me $41. Payed $43 two yrs ago. 

Looking at Silverado 3500 with the 6.6 gas engine. Has to be a huge upgrade from the old 6.0 power wise. 

Anyone having issues with the new 6.6?

Are they offering that to buy it or allow on a trade ?

If it’s in a trade are they giving you invoice or close for the new one ?

23 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Are they offering that to buy it or allow on a trade ?

If it’s in a trade are they giving you invoice or close for the new one ?

That's what there giving me for trade. New I have to order. There's no 2500 or 3500 on the lot, or in my area. New I priced on Chevrolet.com build and price, and it came out the same in the dealer. There's no rebates at all. Inventory is so low or non existent on HD trucks that your paying sticker. One reason they want my truck so bad. They would have it sold before I handed them the keys.

41 minutes ago, greensider said:

Co worker had one he seems to like it but did tell me when he puts it in 4 wheel drive parking break comes on he said dealer said it’s normal but I question that 

How is that possible.  It's shif on the fly. 

Edit: Just talked to my nephew that has two of them. Shifting into FWD will put the parking brake on when in park. When moving, it's shift on the fly.

Edited by mowin