Anyone carry a trail cam into hunt and set it up for video while hunting?

Was watching "Bowhunter" on the outdoor channel and they were talking about trailcams .  Anyone carry an extra one on all their hunts and set it up by the stand they are hunting to get action shots or video of the hunt?  I was thinking might setup a trailcam to do that and try to catch the deer I am shooting at on video when they come in and carry it with me to each stand for the days hunt.   Gun I wont bother with but bow hunting it would be fun.   Have each spot ready to go each time just have to put camera there. 

• Like 1

I wish I would have had the foresight to set this one to video last year. Shot is about a half second or so after pass through. Bolt is in the ground to what looks like below her, but she took off a little sideways. She fell right behind the camera and stumbled her way to it. Would have made better video than a photo shot. The camera was already there, but I wished I would have switched it to video. Something I'll try to remember this year. I'm in the stand in the upper right corner.

Impact.JPG

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 9

42 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I wish I would have had the foresight to set this one to video last year. Shot is about a half second or so after pass through. Bolt is in the ground to what looks like below her, but she took off a little sideways. She fell right behind the camera and stumbled her way to it. Would have made better video than a photo shot. The camera was already there, but I wished I would have switched it to video. Something I'll try to remember this year. I'm in the stand in the upper right corner.

Impact.JPG

An awesome pic though. 

I usually put cams on edges of where I hunt but might try putting one right there on video just to try and get moments like those. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Was watching "Bowhunter" on the outdoor channel and they were talking about trailcams .  Anyone carry an extra one on all their hunts and set it up by the stand they are hunting to get action shots or video of the hunt?  I was thinking might setup a trailcam to do that and try to catch the deer I am shooting at on video when they come in and carry it with me to each stand for the days hunt.   Gun I wont bother with but bow hunting it would be fun.   Have each spot ready to go each time just have to put camera there. 

I have a video off a cam that I keep near a stand of a friend shooting at a doe on video , you can watch her duck the arrow at 24 yards

• Like 1

Yes i put my brownings in spots i suspect archery opportunities to happen. I have my my wife on cam missing a doe at 16 steps. She hit her mark but the doe reacted to the shot and missed over her back. Ill see if i can find the screen shots. 

Cant figure out how to post videos. ITs pretty neat. I Have a couple others as well. These HD videos are the best

Capturesnip1.PNG

Capturesnip.PNG

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Yes i put my brownings in spots i suspect archery opportunities to happen. HAve my my wife on cam missing a doe at 16 steps. She hit he rmark but the doe reacted to the shot and missed over her back. Ill see if i cna find the screen shots. 

Cant figure out how ot post videos. ITs pretty neat. Have a couple others as well. HD videos are the best

Capturesnip1.PNG

Capturesnip.PNG

Awesome pic of the arrow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

Yes i put my brownings in spots i suspect archery opportunities to happen. HAve my my wife on cam missing a doe at 16 steps. She hit he rmark but the doe reacted to the shot and missed over her back. Ill see if i cna find the screen shots. 

Cant figure out how ot post videos. ITs pretty neat. Have a couple others as well. HD videos are the best

Capturesnip1.PNG

Capturesnip.PNG

Awesome pic!

• Like 1