Electric Smoker recommendations?

Pipecrew

I just bought one a couple of months ago. I looked at alot of models, and for the price, i went with the Cajun Injector brand digital smoker. It uses pellets or chips, will go up to 275, is double walled and insulated and has plenty of space. To me, the digital is a must. I wanted an electric for the convenience, and the digital controls make it just that. You just set the temp and time, let it warm up, add the food and pop in the chips or pellets and away it goes. It holds temp great too, ive even used it on snowy, windy days and it does fine outside. The only thing I will probably change one of these days, is to put some type of baffle above the stack to keep any rain or snow from going in there, but its not that big of a deal. I picked mine up for @ $200 at Gander Mountain. Its actually on sale now for $160 with a rebate.

I looked at the Badley, and it was very nice, but was more than twice the cost.

Yeah I have a small offset smoker as well. Its fun to play around with, but I dont usually have all day to babysit it. The electric makes it so easy.

It doesnt even need to be very cold out for the single walled units to be less efficient, it really is worth the extra to get a double walled unit.

I did a lot of the research last year when my home made electric smoker caught fire and burned the tool shed down (don't ask). :sarcastichand:

I came across this website, lots of good info and IMO, unbiased reviews.

http://www.amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_guide/smokers/electric_smokers.html

I eventually settled on a Cookshack electric smoker, I've been using it pretty regularly the last 10 months and no complaints.

A little different than above units. I have a Butterball cooker smoker combo. It will cook a 14 lb turkey in 2 1/2 hrs.. Has a pull out tray to put wet wood chips in for smoking. Thermostat control to slow cooking times. Wouldn't trade it for anything else. :D

Edited by landtracdeerhunter