Hurricane Henri

First-light

I’m all or nothing type of guy. If I can’t have everything on, then it’s nothing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have the Generac and it’s worth every penny. Runs all the appliances even. Both central air units with no issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I have a small $500 generator to run my fridge/sump/some lights/coffee maker etc. Not having anything seems insane to me but then again so does not shooting does

On the rare occasion of a power outage I hear a few generators off in the distance, but most locally don’t have one. I wonder what the % is…..maybe 10%?

I have the Generac and it’s worth every penny. Runs all the appliances even. Both central air units with no issue

That’s the one I would get. But then i considered moving. If I move that’s what I will get. The whole-house ones

On the rare occasion of a power outage I hear a few generators off in the distance, but most locally don’t have one. I wonder what the % is…..maybe 10%?

Edit - just googled. Between 3-5% of American households. Seems right

Honda EU 2200 , to run the RV . However at home it can save a freezer of meat, and run the blower on our gas fireplace . I’ve done 11 days and 3 days without power due to ice storms , experience is a good teacher but sometimes it’s not the way one wants to,learn .

The gas fireplace turns on and burns with no electricity, and it did a fine job during the three days , as I blocked off rooms and the stairway , but the blower running is a game changer . My back up water powered sump pump ran flawlessly almost nonstop on the three day run back in ‘03 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I have a small $500 generator to run my fridge/sump/some lights/coffee maker etc. Not having anything seems insane to me but then again so does not shooting does

Remember when biz logged on as the member name storm to complain about power being off for 4 days?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Remember when Storm snapped a pic of @chef in the parking lot but then decided not to kill him

and we all left the bar and decided it was smart to keep our distance in case he started shooting from a roof top.

• Like 1

and we all left the bar and decided it was smart to keep our distance in case he started shooting from a roof top.

The funny part is between us all we were armed like a afghan platoon

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Honda EU 2200 , to run the RV . However at home it can save a freezer of meat, and run the blower on our gas fireplace . I’ve done 11 days and 3 days without power due to ice storms , experience is a good teacher but sometimes it’s not the way one wants to,learn .

The gas fireplace turns on and burns with no electricity, and it did a fine job during the three days , as I blocked off rooms and the stairway , but the blower running is a game changer . My back up water powered sump pump ran flawlessly almost nonstop on the three day run back in ‘03 

I run a Honda 2200 also, friends thought I was crazy for paying that kind of money on “only a 2200”.  Like you said, run heat, and fridges, etc, coffee, airfryer, electric griddle, a/c if its hot, obviously not all at once. I bring it to camp, it powers the entire place how we have water setup, etc.  I utilize it a lot for year round outdoor projects too.  Every now, and then the guys who can’t seem to understand my setup, then complain that there larger generator won’t run right….Since they never run the generator until its needed.

• Like 1

And you're a 2% er I thought?

Exactly. Simple math shows it would take me 20 years of random power outages to make my grocery bills back using a Generac but I’ll do it when I move someday..

• Haha 1

Just now, Bionic said:

I run a Honda 2200 also, friends thought I was crazy for paying that kind of money on “only a 2200”.  Like you said, run heat, and fridges, etc, coffee, airfryer, electric griddle, a/c if its hot, obviously not all at once. I bring it to camp, it powers the entire place how we have water setup, etc.  I utilize it a lot for year round outdoor projects too.  Every now, and then the guys who can’t seem to understand my setup, then complain that there larger generator won’t run right….Since they never run the generator until its needed.

Eventually ill get a small camp somewhere and fully intend to get a small inverter , even the ones from harbour freight are getting great reviews . They stole so much of Hondas design its just a dependable i guess.

As far as percentages owning generators , I’d think it’s a regional thing , very  few in large cites more in the burbs and way more in the country .

There’s three whole house ones on my street , and when we lose power after a bit, gas generator after generator ,start up throughout the neighborhood . Oh and buy a good cable lock for it , they tend to grow feet in prolonged outages .

We had the Honda’s on our fire trucks if that says anything , rode hard put away wet, one pull start every time . My wife can start it with ease.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Eventually ill get a small camp somewhere and fully intend to get a small inverter , even the ones from harbour freight are getting great reviews . They stole so much of Hondas design its just a dependable i guess.

Yes sir, my friend swears by Champion, is that Harbor Freight?? As i type this I feel like it might be?? My Honda, is the companion version, it will plug into other Honda 2000/2200, which my dad has the older 2000 version,  which is cool.  Probably other brands do too.  I just like to be able to pick the generator up, and walk with it.  Knew a guy who bought a big Honda generator for his motorhome, he said if he were to do it over again he’d buy 2 of the smaller units, and run parallel, since the large one is a heavy brick.  Different strokes, for different folks…

9 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Yes sir, my friend swears by Champion, is that Harbor Freight?? As i type this I feel like it might be?? My Honda, is the companion version, it will plug into other Honda 2000/2200, which my dad has the older 2000 version,  which is cool.  Probably other brands do too.  I just like to be able to pick the generator up, and walk with it.  Knew a guy who bought a big Honda generator for his motorhome, he said if he were to do it over again he’d buy 2 of the smaller units, and run parallel, since the large one is a heavy brick.  Different strokes, for different folks…

I think the ones that copied honda are branded predators now ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

I think the ones that copied honda are branded predators now ?

That rings a bell actually, but I still think its Champion brand my friend swears by, but I don’t know where he bought, maybe Tractor Supply even.  No biggy, just adding in more ideas.