Inflation is far worse than the government claims

On 10/30/2021 at 10:10 PM, Nomad said:

Inflation is the most regressive tax .

If it costs me $25 more a week in gas , $50 more in food and $100 a month more  to heat my home ,that $400 a month is tolerable to me  ,  but a single mom , young family , elderly on on fixed income it’s a killer .

Personally we’re on a buying spree, anything we think we may need in the future we buy now .

Its by design many of these  rich nut job libs really think they are saving the earth by making things expensive so the poor consume and drive  less forcing them to have  smaller co2 foot print .  They want to be god . Btw whats the right temperature for the Earth ? Because 13k years ago there was a ice age .  The earth is always going from cold to warm anyway . Just something humans have to adapt to.

• Like 1

I was watching Gutfeld this morning at 4AM on FOX this morning. I had planned to be in the woods for a couple hours before looking at a house but, rain kept me in so watched. Main discussion was that even the Left are tired of the Left. The WOKE crap, BLM, and how a lot of things have gone to far. I doubt they will do much to try and correct their asinine mistakes, but I guess at least admitting they screwed up on a lot of things might be a start.

"The sort of inflation we are currently experiencing is different from notable examples in the past. Then the inflation was almost entirely generated by the central bank, which merely had to correct itself. The Federal Reserve should taper its asset purchases, but it cannot do much to solve today's problems. Given the historic level of federal debt, the Fed doesn't have much room to raise rates without significantly increasing government interest costs. Furthermore, altering the money supply or raising interest rates will not cause the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach to work more efficiently. It will not create more trucks and truck drivers. It will not make it easier to produce and transport energy. Plenty of the underlying problems that have been exposed by the pandemic recovery predated Biden's presidency. But his party's ideology prevents him from being part of the solution. Democrats see the current situation and want more government and more spending." —National Review

8 hours ago, Grouse said:

"The sort of inflation we are currently experiencing is different from notable examples in the past. Then the inflation was almost entirely generated by the central bank, which merely had to correct itself. The Federal Reserve should taper its asset purchases, but it cannot do much to solve today's problems. Given the historic level of federal debt, the Fed doesn't have much room to raise rates without significantly increasing government interest costs. Furthermore, altering the money supply or raising interest rates will not cause the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach to work more efficiently. It will not create more trucks and truck drivers. It will not make it easier to produce and transport energy. Plenty of the underlying problems that have been exposed by the pandemic recovery predated Biden's presidency. But his party's ideology prevents him from being part of the solution. Democrats see the current situation and want more government and more spending." —National Review

More money is always their solution but nothing changes. Nobody can a president who did more for less then Trump did . 4 years of constant attacks and he still made life easier living on us.