Pics of Plots from this weekend Aug 21st

Everything :)  1 Plot was the Imperial Whitetail Pure Attraction, which is just a mash up of Oats, Brassicas, and Winter Peas.  The other field was clover chikory and oats.  I'm having some trouble identifying some of the stuff on the whitetail plot.  That one is growing the best though. 

hard work always pays off... i know how it is to clear logging roads, making food plots, hanging trail cams and so on. it adds to part of the thrill when you do harvest a nice buck and reflect on what you and your family did during the pore season to ensure the particular animal you harvest. Its about the camaraderie spent in your pre season and hunting season with friends and family and it makes it that much better knowing you did what you could to make that spot something special.

good job, i really hope it pays off for you guys! 

John, I'm just trying to help you out.  don't get me wrong it's a nice plot but from the pictures it looks to be 90% buckwheat and if you want a plot come hunting season buckwheat isn't it.  Buckwheat is a great summer plot to build up your organic matter in your soil.  Good luck.

We shall see what happens, this is the first planting on the plot, so I am glad anything is growing with the lower PH levels we had.  Next year will be a different story.  But I did see a bunch of other crap growing, hopefully will have some better pics next time I go up.

Yes the buckwheat will drop on first frost but if you have other things in there let it be ...that buckwheat is a great draw for deer ...I plant some every year and regularly over seed it in the fall with braccs or triticale or annual rye...bees just love buck wheat....and when it seeds it will draw in the turkey and grouse in your area...besides benefits to your soil....win win all around