New bow, old mistake

NYbuck50

Hey fellas. Got my new Hoyt rampage XT today via archerytalk classifieds.. My first draw of the bow without my release, I did a half dry fire as I was backing it down. I'm not used to the new bows harder cams I suppose.. I checked the limbs for cracks and found nothing.. The only visible damage was the peep site snapping off..

I also drew it several more times with no issues... Wondering if I missed checking anything? Anyone w expirience would be appreciated, I'm debating on shooting tommorow, or bringing it to a dealer to check its safe..

Thoughts?

• Like 1

a sure way to not ever have this problem is to always draw the bow with arrow in the string, a safe draw area facing a target, a release that will not go off. This a safe way to fine tune that new bow.

I had one guy draw the bow with the arrow in the bow with his release and about 3/4 way back he trigged the release, the arrow hit a iron support and that was the end of the arrow but not the bow. Be safe