good meals at....

Merlot

Pleasant Valley Inn on Rt 54 south of Hammondsport.

They open around Mother's Day and close in October.

It ain't cheap, but the service is excellent and the food is superb. The Mermaid and I go there 2-3 times per season on special occasions.

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

Sprague's and Beef 'n Barrel in the Olean Portville area. Rarely disappointed at those two locations.

I hit Srague's when ever Im in Portville, great food. I have been hunting that area since I was 15, in fact Sprague's sap lines, that run up the back hill, end up all over the property I hunt on top of the hill. I have taken a bunch of bucks that were working their way through the lines LOL!! 

Where is Beef'n Barrel ??

Edited by ants

My best meals were at home when we first were married,My fartherin law owned a store and he was the butcher,hand picked his meat at the local meat distributer, catered to wealthy people that wanted the best.There was only one dining place when we would go out that could compair to a good steak dinner, but once they built up a repetation the quality of there food went down hill.

I hit Srague's when ever Im in Portville, great food. I have been hunting that area since I was 15, in fact Sprague's sap lines, that run up the back hill, end up all over the property I hunt on top of the hill. I have taken a bunch of bucks that were working their way through the lines LOL!! 

The Beef an6Barrel is on6 N^orth Union6street in6 Olean (Rt. 16 ) excellent Beef on Weck.
Edited by F-150

from Sprague's, south on rt 305 into Portville, right turn onto Rt 417...5 miles to Olean...then right turn onto Rt 16( Union St) . 200 feet on the right. Park in the back. Can't miss it. For dessert, order Graham cracker cream pie... 

Just got a cabin down the road from the sap lines.

from Sprague's, south on rt 305 into Portville, right turn onto Rt 417...5 miles to Olean...then right turn onto Rt 16( Union St) . 200 feet on the right. Park in the back. Can't miss it. For dessert, order Graham cracker cream pie... 

Thanks. I'll try it next time Im in town. Hopefully in May.

Euclid is pretty good food (my sister waitresses there). The place on the inlet is probably The water Front, right over the bridge. Decent food, but more of a party place in the summer months with all the boaters pulling right up to the dock. It can get real interesting !!!  The Dino BBQ is beyond awesome food (BBQ anyway) only problem is the constant crowd and the occasional " hey yesterday I bought my first  Harley,  got a tattoo, and  this tight black T-shirt. Now Im a tough guy" crowd. LOL!! The stories are endless.