Replacement Hunter Ed Card?

nycredneck

I took my Hunter Ed and Bowhunters Safety courses' long ago, the late eighties I think. I still have both strips of paper ( thats what they are hand written on ) and they are in good shape BUT, if I ever lost them how can they be replaced? I'm sure now with computers new hunters are logged into the system. 

So my question is… If I brought in my old certificates ( someplace?) can I then be logged into the system for a future replacement if needed? 

Edited by nycredneck

When I applied for a County Park permit in NJ they wanted to see original safety certificates, I made copies but they wanted originals, I had them so no problem. An old license, even from another state is usually good enough proof for most states to issue a hunting license but I think there are some states that require seeing them for a non res license.

HectorBuckBuster, on 18 Sept 2014 - 7:58 PM, said:

I could not find my trapping certificate last year and did not have a old license, I just called the DEC in Albany, they looked it and I had a replacement one in the mail in a few days

I needed a certicate for some paperwork and called DEC.

Just needed aprox date and town where the course was held and had hunting one from 22 years ago in hand within 2 weeks....kudos to DEC..

• Like 1

Just 1 example

Wyoming

NO person born on or after Jan. 1, 1966, may apply for and receive any Wyoming hunting license, NOR take any wildlife by the use of firearms on land other than that of his own family, unless the person possesses and can exhibit a certificate of competency and safety in the use and handling of firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just 1 example

Wyoming

NO person born on or after Jan. 1, 1966, may apply for and receive any Wyoming hunting license, NOR take any wildlife by the use of firearms on land other than that of his own family, unless the person possesses and can exhibit a certificate of competency and safety in the use and handling of firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya but in a lot of other states they mention how a hunting license counts as a safety course. 

Have to go were you took the class they can print it again. My freind also lost his and calling Albany wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. Anywere you have bought a tag with it will work to.

I don't think the place exist's anymore. It was a long time ago.

You do need to show original safety certificates in Monmouth County, NJ in order to hunt the park system, but it is worth it, always get a doe or buck every year from there.

Edited by nycredneck

Ya but in a lot of other states they mention how a hunting license counts as a safety course. 

Actually there are 38 states including NY that require a certificate.  a hunting license is not acceptable.  These 38 states all report together also.  So if you lose your privileges in NY, you lose them in the other 37 states also.