One Of Those Days!

Mr VJP

I used to use a shooting tab for my recurve bow. One day I got up a tree in my climber & tried to find my tab. After a fruitless search through about 12 pockets, I looked down to see my tab laying on the ground at the base of the tree.

I cut a piece of leather from my belt to use as a makeshift tab. Shooting bare fingers really throws off POI on a heavy draw weight traditional bow. My makeshift tab wasn't that much better. Thankfully, I didn't encounter a shot opportunity that evening.

I switched to a 3-finger glove after that. I could leave it dangle from my wrist as I set up the climber thus preventing leaving it behind after set-up.

A bunch of years ago, I had a six pointer come directly to me, about twelve yards, while I was pulling my bow up to my stand.  He stood there for about a minute staring at my bow as it dangled from the rope.  One of my hunting buddies was late that morning.  Otherwise I would have been set up in plenty of time.  Don't hunt with that guy anymore.

That certainly is a bummer for the person that dropped that bow.

I dropped my Bowtech Guardian once.........fortunately it was the day before opening of gun and I had filled a couple tags already.  It was absolutely breath taking watching my bow falling to the ground.  After what seemed like forever it hit on one of the cams and bounced straight up before cartwheeling and landing with a thump in the pine needles.

I climbed down sheepishly and looked her over, other than some serious damage to some Easton ACC shafts the bow, quiver and sights were fine.

One of life's curve balls I guess...........

IMG_3596.jpg