Hunting lease - Livingston County, NY

Hello. I have a hunting lease available in the Town of Portage, Livingston County, NY. We are offering 112.6 acres of forest land the exclusive hunting rights for a party of any size.

The way I structure these leases is as follows - if you are interested in looking at it, email me and I will send you a detailed areal photo. Then you can go look at the property yourself. If the land suits your needs, you can email me again, I send you a written lease agreement. I get a lot of "tire kickers" when I sell hunting leases, so I will not take any phone calls until you have already looked at the land and have decided you want it. I can not give you a tour of the property. It is a "race to the finish line" to come through with a check and contract, at which time I will take down this ad. This is the only lease I currently have available.

The lines are marked. The driveway in is good for even a car.

You may only use factory made tree stands. You may not damage any trees - by way of step screws or clearing shooting lanes. There is nowhere to make a feed plot, but there is a small agricultural field on the land. You may not camp there, nor use ATVs. To quote the landowner - "If they're not man enough to walk, theyre not man enough to hunt my land!" The lease must begin October 15 because that is when the last tenant's lease expires. But it will end Oct. 15 of next year. You will have first right of refusal to renew should you so choose.

I have not hunted this land, but know it very well as I am a consulting forester and have done extensive work in and around this land. (My website is www.pcforestry.com). I know firsthand that wild game abounds here. The forest land is primarily oak and the acorns draw the deer and turkey in. There is field, forest, water, food and cover on this acreage.

Peter Collin

[email protected]

• Like 1

Lets see, no ATVs, no camping, no food plots, only factory built stands, cant cut shooting lanes, and I cant get in there to scout or hunt the first two weeks of the season, but Im paying $2300 a year? Sounds like a great deal.....not.

For plenty of people $2,300/year  is better than tying up $200,000 +/- PLUS taxes for 112 acres to hunt.

Wouldn't be for you or me but others don't have the options we do.

LOL..Or they could ride up the road and hunt the same area for free.

The point that this is THEIR 112 acres to hunt for a year after they've paid the price of admission has obviously sailed right over your head.

How's that ATV use working for you in Letchworth?  How about treestands and food plots?  How about clearing lanes?

How about guys planting their ass down within 75 yards of your "free" hunting grounds, how's that going to work out?

The point that this is THEIR 112 acres to hunt for a year after they've paid the price of admission has obviously sailed right over your head.

How's that ATV use working for you in Letchworth?  How about treestands and food plots?  How about clearing lanes?

How about guys planting their ass down within 75 yards of your "free" hunting grounds, how's that going to work out?

Dont need ATV when you have a winch. Have all kinds of tree stands and you not only have god givin food plots you have miles of Ag from one end to the other. Cant say we have a problem with anyone sitting within 75 yards of us.

With all those rules that price is pretty steep, Will be interesting to see how long it takes for someone to jump on it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's a service that is available to those that would like to utilize. Really don't understand the need of individuals to respond negatively. As soon as you decided it wasn't for you, the back button on your computer/ipad/cell should have been hit and move on. I have no personal desire to know all the people's negative opinions on the lease. As an adult, I'm quite capable of evaluating the offer on my own, then moving on, if it doesn't attract me or placing message / call if I'm interested.

It is my belief that repetitive negative comments, will eventually discourage the listers to stop posting. Thereby hurting the percentage of members that could benefit from the lease agreements. Plus it's just good manners and a sign of maturity to treat other people with respect.

It's a service that is available to those that would like to utilize. Really don't understand the need of individuals to respond negatively. As soon as you decided it wasn't for you, the back button on your computer/ipad/cell should have been hit and move on. I have no personal desire to know all the people's negative opinions on the lease. As an adult, I'm quite capable of evaluating the offer on my own, then moving on, if it doesn't attract me or placing message / call if I'm interested.

It is my belief that repetitive negative comments, will eventually discourage the listers to stop posting. Thereby hurting the percentage of members that could benefit from the lease agreements. Plus it's just good manners and a sign of maturity to treat other people with respect.

Kinda late for a lecture isn't it? Edited by Paula
  • Like 1

I like the comments, gives me an idea of what market rate is for leases out there. If you can't take the heat, don't post it on a public forum. Post it on craigslist.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

If I believed that to be true, I wouldn't have wasted my time responding. I was attempting to locate an old posting that I recalled this individual making from the past. And have made contact with the lease representative

Market value? Believe that has been established by the fact they have sold out all available leases the last two years and the 2016 season.

If I believed that to be true, I wouldn't have wasted my time responding. I was attempting to locate an old posting that I recalled this individual making from the past. And have made contact with the lease representative

Market value? Believe that has been established by the fact they have sold out all available leases the last two years and the 2016 season.

At the asking price?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems