firebug lights

Paula

I've always used little reflecting thumb tacks to find stands that I put up in unfamiliar areas. They work fine when I shine my flashlight on them and you really have to look hard to see them in the day light.

I've always used little reflecting thumb tacks to find stands that I put up in unfamiliar areas. They work fine when I shine my flashlight on them and you really have to look hard to see them in the day light.

If they disapear one morning and you get to your stand and there is a WTF on the tree it was me :lol: .

I have dont that to more than one poor bastard.

Never had it happen to me. I don't put the reflectors out on the road where anyone can see where they start though. I usually start them about 25 yards into the woods so I have to search a little to find where they start. That prevents most others from finding my trail cause you gotta know where to look for it's beginning. I also space the dots pretty far apart so it's no easy to find the next dot unless you know the trail some what from the daylight hours.

I've actually lost my way on my own trail a couple of times by 2nd guessing myself as to where the next dot should be.

:D

I've hunted the same farm for 25 years,I could find my stands in the dark. (joke)

All my stands are on edges or hedgerows. I take great lenghts not to go into the woods or brush.

I could see these on a stand though.

My one buddy uses birch bark or branches on the ground,easy to see and no one else knows they'er markers like tacks and tape.