antlers are eaten

Paula

I just see on relentless pursuit that squirrels eat antlers. I knew mice did. They want the marrow he said. So i will blame it on the squirrels as to the reason i never found one.

Hey Paula... I watched a squirrel eat a shotgun shell in the woods one day (guess those little rascals will eat most anything).

I was up in a stand one time and saw a rack moving through the leaves. Turned out to be a red squirrel dragging it along. I went and got it later and it was pretty gnawed up. I heard they do it to sharpen their teeth and get the minerals out of the rack.

I was up in a stand one time and saw a rack moving through the leaves. Turned out to be a red squirrel dragging it along. I went and got it later and it was pretty gnawed up. I heard they do it to sharpen their teeth and get the minerals out of the rack.

Hey Paula... I watched a squirrel eat a shotgun shell in the woods one day (guess those little rascals will eat most anything).

guess so

would be amusing to see

would be amusing to see

lol

Supposedly when in growth they have a unusually high concentration of hormones. They use it as a steriod and it is undetected supposedly... Guese it helps the deer after they shed the velvit and eat the remains... They say the bull shark has the highest amount of testosterone in it's system, I wonder how a whitetail would stack up in that department while in prime rut...