Redneck swimming pool

Deerthug

So an El-Camino can actually be good for something. Whoda thunk it!

So what's wrong with the El-Camino?In my opinion they were one of the most usefull auto's made by GM at the time then.Much better than a Pinto.

So what's wrong with the El-Camino?In my opinion they were one of the most usefull auto's made by GM at the time then.Much better than a Pinto.

OK at alot of things, good at nothing. The bed is very small, cant even lay a sheet of plywood flat, they tow like crap, dont have much of a load capacity, and you cant take them off road much. There are reasons they stopped making them.

GM never made a Pinto, that was Ford, and Ford had the Ranchero, which they stopped making as well. Compact pickups did (and still do) everything better than either of those two cars, which is why they are still around and the car/truck concept was flushed.

GM had a concept El Camino just a few years back, based on the Pontiac GTO/G8 platform (Holden), and it almost made it to production. They figured out it was a waste and wouldnt sell.

OK at alot of things, good at nothing. The bed is very small, cant even lay a sheet of plywood flat, they tow like crap, dont have much of a load capacity, and you cant take them off road much. There are reasons they stopped making them.

GM never made a Pinto, that was Ford, and Ford had the Ranchero, which they stopped making as well. Compact pickups did (and still do) everything better than either of those two cars, which is why they are still around and the car/truck concept was flushed.

GM had a concept El Camino just a few years back, based on the Pontiac GTO/G8 platform (Holden), and it almost made it to production. They figured out it was a waste and wouldnt sell.

Iknew that the pinto was ford,My Dad had the pinto wagon.I just like GM and Ford's are junk.Exactly what the El Camino was a car with a tail gate for partying.I do agree that they are useless for work.