THUNDER

Paula

I heard it the day before yesterday, an all we got was the same kind of 20-drop rainfall. The pond is just about dry and it is the only water source near the garden. When it's gone ..... the garden is gone. I figure about three or four days.

Just got a gulley washer. The heavy rain, and severe lightning.Man did it come down. Winds blew good too.

This year it is either feast or famine .... floods in one valley and drought in the next. I have had a few of those destructive kinds of rain storms last year. I'll take the drought. The heck with the garden if the alternative is shoveling tons of rocks, gravel, logs and leaves off my lawn like I did last year. Let the damn garden dry up and blow away .... lol. If we do get one of those kinds of violent storms it'll probably wash the garden out anyway.

We just had a quick blast. Some of the coolest clouds you'll ever see!

Wind,a splash of rain and some lightning. No help here for my parched lawn, garden and shrubs.

It did look nasty to the north, as in Niagara County. Hopefully no damage from the wind.

Well, how about that ..... finally one rain that didn't skirt around us. And it wasn't very violent either. It was actually a nice steady rain for a short time. Nothing like what we need to fix up the water table, or chsnge the level of my pond to any noticeable extent. but it did give the garden and the lawn a good drink that may last a few more days.

• 2 weeks later...

Reached 96 yesterday. We had about 3/10 of an inch, just before 11 last night. No drought buster by any means, but the tomatoes, peppers look better this morning. Least, their not wilting yet. Also cooled down to 80 or so, less humidity. Now to get something done in the field.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter