Mass shooting number 3 in texas Aug 13, 2012

HuntOrBeHunted

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Officials in College Station have confirmed an "active shooter" has been taken into custody following an off-campus shooting Monday afternoon.

Officials with Texas A&M have confirmed more than one person was injured. According to the Associated Press, College Station police spokeswoman Rhonda Seaton told CNN multiple people have been shot, including law enforcement, but she doesn't know the extent of the injuries.

According to the Texas A&M University website, officials first issued a "Code Maroon" around 12:30 p.m. Monday. The College Station Police Department reported an active shooter in the area immediately southeast of the intersection of Welborn Rd and George Bush Drive. Everyone was asked to avoid the area, and residents in the immediate area were told to remain inside their residences.

Ten minutes later, the CSPD said "the active shooter is in the 200 block of Fidelity Dr." and to "stay away from the area." About 5 minutes later, they reported that the "active shooter" was in custody.

Nothing "mass" about it, 3 dead. Cops showed up to evict a guy, he didn't want to be evicted, shot the cop, hit an innocent passerby, then the cops shot him.

I guess they and I called it mass for lack of better words? And regardless of how many people it takes getting shot to define "mass" I guess it's just the facts that people think it's ok to shoot who ever they want for what ever reason they want.

Shootings were police are targeted and innocent people getting killed will get make headlines.

Its more than just hype when people are loosing their lifes!!

Last week I was in the Tampa Florida area on vacation. I turned on the news one morning, only to hear about 2 gang bangers dead the previous night (both shot) and 2 other people found dead in a car (both shot). Thats just one night in one city. It happens all over all the time, and has been for a long long time, far longer than any election cycle.

I just feel drugs fuel 99%of the crime in this Nation,we start to kill anyone that has anything to do with drugs.I don't care if its 1 joint you get caught bye bye.No need for court or lawyers you get caught your history.Now we do this for a couple of years crime drops and these jerks well think twice before they pull off some more BS.

What about alcohol? Cigarettes? Those two LEGAL drugs kill more people and cause more pain and suffering than any other each year.

Btw, 99% of the crime is way off from how much is caused by drugs. You might have a large percentage of criminals using drugs, but studies have shown than the majority began to commit crimes well before they started using drugs.

The war on drugs is the way to fuel our prision industry, and line pockets. You know, the guy that got busted with a few ounces of pot that gets the same sentance as the guy that violently robbed someone, or the guy that kills someone while driving drunk? How about the non violent drug offenders that are tossed into prison for longer than some child touching rapist? How much sense does it really make?

Harsher prisons in general is also a must. Harden criminals brag about spending time in jail like it's a badge of honor. They don't fear going to jail because compare to life outside of jail, jail isn't so bad. Too much right is given to a criminal who I believe once you've committed a violent crime, you lost your rights as a human being. Jail should be so tough that they should not want to come back so badly that they would be willing to change their way of life just to make sure they don't.

• Like 1