Broadheads!?!!!

deerpassion

I happened to come across this video on youtube while watching deer huntin videos, and the results of these tests are pretty substantial... I have been on many forums over the years and one of the topics that always seems to show up is "what broadhead do you use?" ... I have actually been using these heads for a couple a years now, I have NO complaints what so ever... have recovered deer closer to my tree than in past seasons...I know the craze out there these days are Rage heads, but I gotta say I think the extensive marketing is the culprit... Will shoot the swhackers as long as they keep sellin em... I'm sold! how bout you?

The whole reason why I gave up on Rage (after only one season) is because of poor penatration. The first season I used them I hit a buck at about 20yrds. I hit some shoulder and the arrow only went in about 5 inches. Fortunatlly I caught a little spine and he didn't go far but it wasn't pretty. I've made simaler shots with fixed blade chistle tips and they did much better. I know alot of you will say "stay away from the shoulder" and you're right. But sometimes these things happen.

These Swhackers seem to penatrate alot better than Rage. ....I like how they didn't mention brand names but gave you a good enough veiw of the other broad heads so you could tell what they were.

Edited by ants

The whole reason why I gave up on Rage (after only one season) is becauce of poor penatration. The first season I used them I hit a buck at about 20yrds. I hit some shoulder and the arrow only went in about 5 inches. Fortunatlly I caught a little spine and he didn't go far but it wasn't pretty. I've made simaler shots with fixed blade chistle tips and they did much better. I know alot of you will say "stay away from the shoulder" and you're right. But sometimes these things happen.

These Swackers seem to penatrate alot better than Rage. ....I like how they didn't mention brand names but gave you a good enough veiw of the other broad heads so you could tell what they were.

I bought a pack of the rage three blade that are still brand new out of the package, never used em... the issue i have with the rage is the blades are flimsy and its a 50/50 as to whether all blades will deploy or not... i love the shwackers because you get about a half inch to an inch of penetration before the blades are dragged open keeping its true path with no deflection, and its ability to punch through a shoulder god forbid your shot is forward... the blades are sturdy, sharp, and its as simple as a mechanical gets insuring 100 percent deployment of the blades every time! and they truly fly as good as your field tips...

I agree that marketing brought me to Rage, but performance kept me in them. Shwacker works on the same mechanics as I can tell.

they somewhat do, the main difference is the rage's get pushed open from the tip and have to slide down and back towards the shaft to open... the shwackers, each blade is independent in itself and gets dragged or pulled open outward by the little cutting wing facing outward on each blade as its closed and pivot at the base as they open instead of sliding... I just don't like that the rage has to slide to open and has the potential to bind during that motion... but hey to each his own, if ya like em stick with em, happy hunting...

well it certainly is an improvement and will help with penetration issues,but i still don't like that the blades have to slide to open... to much can go wrong there...

I feel the same way, no mechanicals for me. Ill be shooting the G5s this year, the fixed blades I was shooting previously have become tough to find the replacement blades for the last couple of years. No worries with the G5s as I can resharpen them myself.

I wouldnt buy anything Hank Parker puts his name on just based on principal alone. If that guy didnt hunt high fence, he would probably never get a deer. He should have stuck to fishing...

I am shooting the G5's. I think I will switch too....just as soon as NY opens up that new proposed season on Plywood.

suit yourself man.... plywood just goes to show ya how well they would work on a severely quartering deer... if it can shoot through plywood at a 64 degree angle, than a deer stands NO chance... I like that, but what I like most was the ability to crush through a shoulder bone and remain sharp and intact unlike the rage's with bent, chipped, and missing blades , even after hitting only ribs as well which on a perfect shot your guaranteed to hit rib... use what works for you, but these have performed flawlessly for me so im gonna keep on keepin on... good luck this season... Joe

Something about Hank Parker seems slimy to me. His shows are always geared toward selling products and I hate that- especially since the products usually involve bait. Any product that he endorses is probably one that i'd avoid.

Something about Hank Parker seems slimy to me. His shows are always geared toward selling products and I hate that- especially since the products usually involve bait. Any product that he endorses is probably one that i'd avoid.

i agree, don't like his show, damm cammere deer... that's not hunting! very geared toward sponsors... but all that aside the shwacker is the real deal!

I feel the same way, no mechanicals for me. Ill be shooting the G5s this year, the fixed blades I was shooting previously have become tough to find the replacement blades for the last couple of years. No worries with the G5s ans I can resharpen them myself.

I wouldnt buy anything Hank Parker puts his name on just based on principal alone. If that guy didnt hunt high fence, he would probably never get a deer. He should have stuck to fishing...

i agree, he should stick to fishing where using bait is an acceptable method... very geared toward sponsors... all that aside, the shwacker is the real deal, I posted the video for the scientific unbiased analysis of various heads... have used these heads for several years now, and havn't had a deer run more than 60 yds, but i don't take iffy shots!

here is another video that is pretty amazing using deer ribs, shoulders, and balistic gell... let the facts make up your mind... without Hank Parker, lol.... keep in mind im not trying to push this product on anyone, i figured as a fellow hunter I would share in my confidence with these heads and maybe you are looking for a better alternative, would be glad to here any success stories good or bad if you did switch and try em... thanks for listenin.... and PLEASE PLEASE fast forward through the first 5 minutes of Hank's BS and get to the experiment...

I thought the 3-blade Rage was illegal in New York?

it is, they still sell em up here any how... along with deer feed, mineral rock etc.. allll illegal... I just moved up here from Florida for gradschool and we don't have any head restrictions down there... thus why i have a pack of unused three's...

Hey look, a new NY resident that seems to know more about the game laws than many that have lived here all their lives! Thumbs up deerpassion!

haha... ya lets just say i've done my homework.... got a ticket the first few days I was up here in Tonawanda WMA at the shooting range for parking on the grass.. $125 later I said no more! certainly been a challenge too, like how your not allowed to have the light on your sight to help illuminate your pins at low light, where is that anywhere on the DEC website OR the hunters handbook... they just expect you to live and learn!?! everything and I mean everything seems to be lose termed and have to much room for interpretation for the officer to express whatever mood he/she is in that day!

Hey look, a new NY resident that seems to know more about the game laws than many that have lived here all their lives! Thumbs up deerpassion!

That's what I was thinking.... Lol

I think I should be the spokes person for schwackers, "hi this is Doewhacker and I endorse the Schwacker". As long as I don't have to use them that is..hehe. I'm sure they kill deer just as dead as any other bh.

• Like 1