Spike report

jetmec

OK....I admit it......I'm a bit confused. It seems there were other motives behind this thread. Anyway, congrats of the successful harvest of a nice deer. It certainly has a bigger rack than the spike. Funny thing is though I can still smell it frying in the pan but can't tell the difference between the two. LOL!

Edited by New York Hillbilly

Jetflap and peterbeater... You mention a lynch mob ?

Well, what do you expect when you come strutting onto the forum with your chest all puffed out and your superior and condesending attutude and start insulting resident posters because you don't share the same priorities concerning deer hunting...

Why don't you crawl back under the bridge where you came from and perhaps come back after your testicles have descended and you can keep a civil tongue in your little pin head..?..

Sorry if I used too many big words.

Just read "Sits in Trees Thread" thats what im gonna say from now on.Then

Elmer, will gladly meet you at Dicks after im done with your wife

Nice try. I was seriously asking because you are in Dutchess County. Figured you might wanna have a cup of coffee or something and meet some of the members. If one of us met you, then maybe you'd get some respect around here instead of being treated like a troll. So let me know, I'm home now getting my gear descented and tick proof. i'll check back in. Shoot me a pm if you want.

Jetflap and peterbeater... You mention a lynch mob ?

Well, what do you expect when you come strutting onto the forum with your chest all puffed out and your superior and condesending attutude and start insulting resident posters because you don't share the same priorities concerning deer hunting...

Why don't you crawl back under the bridge where you came from and perhaps come back after your testicles have descended and you can keep a civil tongue in your little pin head..?..

Sorry if I used too many big words.

LMFAO

No, the guys who start threads just to battle it out with people with opposing opinions. We all have differing opinions( I hunt AR zone and dont mind it). But others hunt elsewhere and can shoot whatever they legally can, and no one should look down on them, its nobodies business but their own.

PS. Also, bringing someones wife into it was definitely crossing a line.

I agree, starting threads to battle will Not be tolerated... It's trolling at best. I shut down the other AR thread because we don't need the drama and there were 2 other threads on the matter.

If the OP continues with trolling and starting arguments here, that will get shut down too. Your new to the site so before you start up threads to start fights and conflicts, I'm telling you to think twice. Thank you

• Like 2

resident posters

Is there a early season on them? or do we need to wait for the migration.

Seriously I really don't get this AR thing.

Do i like to shoot a buck with a nice rack? you bet.

Do a pass a bunch of spikes croch horns and little basket rack 6 or 8 points? affirmative.

When the season is drawing to a close do i put the hammer down on said deer that i let walk a month, week or days earlier? that would be yes as well.

My family burns through venison like no tomorrow. Generally i can put enough in the freezer without dropping the first thing that has bone on its head. That being said its a luxury and my choice. One hunter should not be restricted just so its easier for another hunter to wrap his hands around a nice set of antlers. If you don't like some ones hunting style or view learn to bite your tongue.

Edited by 5.9cummins
  • Like 2

Year before last I passed on a scrub five point, opening week of bow. I took that same deer the second to last day of bow after not seeing many bucks, having an empty freezer and after not taking a deer with a bow for two years. How many people have a problem with that?? Really.

Jetmec...no offense but get over yourself

Both pics I posted are not from this year. We'll see how things go.

I've killed everything from a one horn spike to an 11 pointer. Each and EVERY one is special in its own way. At the time I killed each one I was excited, anxious and thankful. I enjoy seeing a big buck and occasionally killing one. They'll come if YOU PUT YOUR TIME IN. Plain & simple. If you think you "deserve" to kill a big buck for some reason, fill me in.

If the timing is right, a 4pt or 6pt is going to be the right buck for me. Sure, I pass some, bow and gun season but I'll kill what I want to, depending on landowner requests and the law. (Pennsylvania 3 pt to a side)

Im not gonna throw even half of my two cents in, just gonna quote somone who hunts an AR area. Argue this one and tell me im still wrong.

ive been hunting 3j where AR first started in this state some 6 or 7 years ago now and can honestly say the bucks are getting huge. been seeing more 8s 9s even 10s in the last 3 years then i have ever seen hunting here. this area was dubbed the land of the spike buck before AR and if someone even saw a 4 or 6 it was rare.

it takes time, we didnt really see results until 4 years or so....be patient it will happen.

No you troll, its about education and filling the holes of the bucket of conservation and unifying us as a whole and not a half of a whole. You are so ignorant you troll, must be related to Jetmec. You dont know what your talking about, killing small bucks that offer no challenge is Great. I pump my chest once for every point, so I usually only gots to pump it twice. Illinois doesnt have AR so your dumb you troll. Meet me at Dicks so we can buy some bubble gum and candy bars. Im gonna keep on killing young bucks because it smell good in the pan, yes sir. Even though I could just shoot a doe instead..